Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email app issue (unread mails)

• 30-11-2015 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭

If I have 4 new mails (which are mainly from voucher pages) I will usually open the app, select the 4 of them and mark as read, or swipe right and mark them read individually, or even go into a mail and read it, either way they are all read. Then I leave the app and go back to the home screen and suddenly the 4 of them are new mails again and I have to repeat the process. The second time always works.

Anyone else get this annoying problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What app is it? Stock or some thirdparty app?
    What mail provider? Gmail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I had an issue with the native app after the last OS update. Sometimes it tells me I have over 4 billion unread emails, but then it just goes away by itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭podge018

stock email, Gmail.

yeah I know that issue too smash, that's not the problem though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you know if you're using POP3 or IMAP in settings?

If you're going to play around with settings you may want to copy all important mails into a separate folder on the gmail server first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

podge018 wrote: »
    stock email, Gmail.

If it's both, then it has to be coming from your Gmail account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭podge018

i reckon it's the app not refreshing itself fast enough myself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I experience this as well. Part of the problem I think is that even though you’ve received a notification, Mail app doesn’t actually download the content of the email until you open the app. And if you are too quick, you might mark it as read and leave the app before it’s finished downloading so it doesn’t register properly.

Advertisement