Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provident last hope

• 30-11-2015 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Just looking for anyone who has borrowed from them. I can't seem to get a loan for Xmas as I defaulted on my mortgage last year and these are my only hope. Do many people borrow from them and are they really that bad? I do have enough money at the moment I want to enjoy Christmas without watching every penny.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

From their website: Representative example: €500 loan repayable over 52 weeks. 52 weekly payments of €15.00. Rate of interest 56.0% p.a. fixed. Representative 157.3% APR. Total Amount Payable is €780.

This is an extortionate rate, and it would be better to be watching every penny for a while rather than borrow at such an eye-watering rate.

You say you have enough money, so why not budget accordingly?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Threads about moneylenders are not permitted on this forum, please see the Charter for more info:
    Toots wrote: »

Do not request info/contact details on Moneylenders (either Licenced or Unlicenced).
    No exceptions. If a poster finds themselves in financial difficulty they should contact the institutions involved, and get in touch with MABS.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement