Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest offer - dual zone system

Options
  • 30-11-2015 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I'm an existing electricity customer (dual rate) currently looking at my options for gas and electricity (Gas is with Flogas). I've gas fired central heating with separate zones for upstairs and downstairs. If I was to avail of the Nest offer what would an additional thermostat cost including installation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Vinnie,

Thanks very much for your interest in Nest. You could avail of the 3rd Generation Nest Smart thermostat and its installation, worth €400, for €99 (if you sign up before 31st December). This is a two-year contract requiring online billing and payment by direct debit.

We are also seeking further clarification for you from Home Services, and you will be updated regarding that, ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

Hi Una,

I would have thought that as I'd be switching from Flogas for gas I'd get the switching price? But my main interest is in the cost of a second thermostat and fitting

Hi again Vinnie,

Is your home on a Gas Networks Ireland line? If so, you could indeed avail of the new customer offer for Nest if you register with Electric Ireland for gas in addition to electricity (Dual Fuel). The Nest offer is no payment for the thermostat and its installation; two-year contract requiring direct debit and paperless billing.

Customers whose gas supply can just be bottled gas would only be able to avail of an electricity offer for Nest.

We are awaiting clarification regarding the cost of a second Nest thermostat (because of the 3rd Generation Nest being launched just recently) and we will advise you ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

Hi again Vinnie,

Thank you for bearing with us.

It is currently €270 for an additional Nest smart thermostat (the same as it was for the 2nd Generation Nest) however it is possible to fit a 3rd Generation Nest (heating downstairs and hot water) and a 2nd Generation Nest (heating upstairs) in the same installation.

The Home Services team can advise also, on 1850 30 50 85 or 1850 372 333, and their telephone lines are open until 6pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks again for your interest in Electric Ireland/Nest!

Una

Advertisement