Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet connection gone since downgrade to "broadband only"

Options
  • 30-11-2015 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys,

I have already tried to explain this in another thread, which has been completely ignored, so there we go again, hopefully I get more luck this time.

I have downgraded to "broadband only" after 6 months of landline+broadband both working grand, just for saving a few quid at the end of the month, as the landline is not really needed.

After the change, my line somehow got damaged (during the few transition days, my landline had an unusual background noise) and as a result my broadband, which has always worked perfectly otherwise, went kaput.

It works let's say 10 minutes every 3 days as it stands now. I have notified customer support in Eircom maybe 10000 times about this, but after nearly 3 weeks of bouncing the ball back to each other in their office, little me is still here stuck with no Internet and unaware if anyone is there to resolve it.

An engineer was to call out twice, but all your system says in his comments' space, according to customer care is "Call not answered, house not found, Tests OK". 

Hard to believe the company who came up with the idea of the Eircode, which was provided to them pronto, cannot locate someone's house!

However, unlike what the engineer said, the system is NOT OK. So, please give me an idea of what's going on, what is current action and exactly when will the line be restored.

Thank you and regards. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi guys,

I have already tried to explain this in another thread, which has been completely ignored, so there we go again, hopefully I get more luck this time.

I have downgraded to "broadband only" after 6 months of landline+broadband both working grand, just for saving a few quid at the end of the month, as the landline is not really needed.

After the change, my line somehow got damaged (during the few transition days, my landline had an unusual background noise) and as a result my broadband, which has always worked perfectly otherwise, went kaput.

It works let's say 10 minutes every 3 days as it stands now. I have notified customer support in Eircom maybe 10000 times about this, but after nearly 3 weeks of bouncing the ball back to each other in their office, little me is still here stuck with no Internet and unaware if anyone is there to resolve it.

An engineer was to call out twice, but all your system says in his comments' space, according to customer care is "Call not answered, house not found, Tests OK". 

Hard to believe the company who came up with the idea of the Eircode, which was provided to them pronto, cannot locate someone's house!

However, unlike what the engineer said, the system is NOT OK. So, please give me an idea of what's going on, what is current action and exactly when will the line be restored.

Thank you and regards. 
    Sorry to hear this Suncleanroom

If you would like to PM me your eir account number I will be happy to look in to this further.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Suncleanroom

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Thanks for your PM Suncleanroom

I can see this has been re-escalated to technical support engineers and we are currently awaiting an update. I see you have been advised on this yesterday and a good will gesture of €30 was also advised and applied. 

I will keep my eye on this for you

AL

Advertisement