Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on tablet working on windows?

• 30-11-2015 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Looking for a tablet for my mum and found a good deal on a Linx tablet with good processor, memory, etc. Only issue is that it is a windows tablet and just wondering if this makes it more awkward compared to android in relation to apps?

Thanks,
    Jennifer

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

Windows is a totally different operating system then Android and therefore the app stores differ. There are thousands more apps and games available on Androids Google Play Store, whereas the Windows store is pretty poor in comparison (as far as I last knew anyway but someone correct me if I'm wrong - I'm sure Microsoft have upped their competition by now).

It entirely depends on what you want to use the tablet for. If it's simply for playing games, surfing the web and you're more familiar or prefer Android to Windows then I'd recommend going for an Android. I have a similar tablet to the one you described because I prefer more access to do whatever I want using Windows, whereas my mobile is Android which is great for navigation and games etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

It's for my mum who is sick of her rubbish old Blackberry as she can't access apps from it - by the way you are talking I think android would be best but it's a pity I only thought about it today when the cheaper ones are gone :(

Thanks
    Jennifer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

Don't blame you, the Blackberry OS isn't brilliant.

If your Mum is a competent PC user of Windows and knows her way around with no problems then she might be okay but if not, go for an Android it's a safe bet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Theres more android apps on google play than there is on the window s app store .

if she ,s using basic apps , a browser ,firefox, a videoplayer , music player ,an
    e book reader than it doesnt make much difference .Android is better if you want games and say a choice of 10 music players .
    and all sorts of varied tech apps,
    eg usb tablet ethernet to usb app for android .

Some people just use youtube , chrome browser and a muisc player 90 per cent of the time .

Advertisement