Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheaper no data package needed for 2nd sim to use in dual-sim phone

Options
  • 30-11-2015 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

I have got myself a dual sim phone, one of the sims has a good data package so I want to use that and reduce the package of my 2nd sim, which I currently pay 35 pm for.

For the second sim, I need some minutes and texts, say 300 units but no data. The issue is most packages include data now. I can't find a package under 20 euro on any network that will allow me to optimise the use of the dual phone to reduce my costs.

Any advice appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

boardtc wrote: »
    I have got myself a dual sim phone, one of the sims has a good data package so I want to use that and reduce the package of my 2nd sim, which I currently pay 35 pm for.

For the second sim, I need some minutes and texts, say 300 units but no data. The issue is most packages include data now. I can't find a package under 20 euro on any network that will allow me to optimise the use of the dual phone to reduce my costs.

Any advice appreciated!

Lyca mobile have a €9pm plan 450 minutes and 450 texts included.

Never been with them myself but it might be worth a try.

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

Any advice appreciated!

€10 pm Meteor PAYG - Unlimited any-network minutes and 400 free texts using the MyMeteor app - 100 of the texts are International.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭boardtc

Thanks guys, good stuff, I'll look into those, current package is with Eir. It's been forever since I did PAYG, but you have to go to shop\website to top up every month right, there's no way to automate that these days? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

Thanks guys, good stuff, I'll look into those, current package is with Eir. It's been forever since I did PAYG, but you have to go to shop\website to top up every month right, there's no way to automate that these days? :-)

No need to go to shop or website with Meteor - just set up Scheduled top-up, and it will pull the top-up direct from your bank to your schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭boardtc

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Lyca mobile have a €9pm plan 450 minutes and 450 texts included.

Never been with them myself but it might be worth a try.

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle

Hadn't heard of these guys, I see they are a virtual network, Lycamobile uses O2\3 as its operating partner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hadn't heard of these guys, I see they are a virtual network, Lycamobile uses O2\3 as its operating partner.

Yeah , they are around a few years now, popular with foreigners mainly due to their international calls packages. Don't know if top up can be automated on lyca but might be worth looking into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

I'm currently with 48.ie .they have a plan for €10 pm .300 min unlimited text 60 min land line and 1 GB data .

Advertisement