Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happens to money in current accounts if the bank fails?

• 30-11-2015 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm not originally from Ireland so I was wondering this. A small local bank back home in which I had a current account just failed, but I knew my money I had there was safe since it's (way) less than 100k € and by local law that's the amount of money that's guaranteed you'll never lose in these cases.

In Ireland, is there anything like this? A limit under which you're guaranteed you'll never see your money vanish in the air for current and savings accounts?

I tried to Google but the only result I've found was talking about "EU banks" in Ireland using the same 100k € limit, and wasn't very clear.

Is there a national regulation?

Thank you!

Comments

Advertisement