Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming / 3D Modelling Build Advice Sought

Options
  • 30-11-2015 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I'm building a desktop PC for some gaming (BF4, Fallout4..) & Product Design related applications eg. Solidworks/Fusion360, Cinema4D/Keyshot, & Photoshop.

If someone could have a look over this list that would be awesome, thanks.

To buy today hopefully:
    Motherboard - Asus H170 Pro Gaming €134 Amazon FR
    Ram - Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 2400Mhz CL14 €105 Amazon UK
    Case - Fractal Design Define R5 - €106 Amazon UK
    CPU: i5-6500 3.2GHz Skylake/1151 €197 Amazon FR
    GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GTX970 €299 Amazon FR

Just purchased:
    SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB €58 Amazon UK
    Corsair RM850i €127 Amazon UK [overkill in wattage, but might SLI in future]

Already have:
    Monitor (1980 x 1080), 1TB HDD, Keyboard & Mouse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jo Satan

I'm looking to build something similar but a little cheaper.
    I think you may have a problem with compatability.
    According to partpicker that motherboard only uses DDR4-2133 and does not support SLI.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-h170progaming

This one supports the ram you picked and supports SLI

Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI, it costs £99 on amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭IrishEmperor

Thanks for spotting that dude! I was gonna just swap the ram out for an inferior set (lower freq) at the same price (I kinda wanted to keep the ASUS mobo - as people swear by the reliability), but I ended up going with the mobo you suggested; I noticed my mobo didn't have SLI - but figured I might get a more high end GPU instead - at least now I have the flexibility to do either that or SLI :)

Advertisement