Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa at Donadea Forest Park

Options
  • 30-11-2015 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Does anybody have any information on Santa at Donadea Forest Park? I have checked their website and Facebook page and no mention of it. The information on the Coillte site appears to be out of date.

I'd be interested in the cost and opening hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Santa Will Be In Donadea Forest Park This Weekend

Santa will be there:

From Saturday, December 5th 2015

All Weekends Saturday – Sunday until Christmas

11.00am to 5.00pm.

From Monday, December 14th to Friday, December 18th

2.00pm – 5.00pm

Christmas Week

11.00am to 5.00pm.

He is there on Christmas Eve from 11.00am until 1.00pm.

For queries please contact Pamela Doran at 087-6725320

http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/newsevents/events/event-information/?tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=582&cHash=899076c200427870b60589e254aaed09

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

We went to the Santa in Wallaby woods today, lovely set up.
    You get greeted by the elves, then you go write your letter to Santa and post it, then your lead through the barn, where there are lots of animals, now I'm not sure if this happens every time as it was quite today with the weather, but we got to pet the snake (so cool) and bearded lizard, and all the other fluffy animals too.
    Then you are lead out the trail to Santa's hut and meet Mrs Clause and then go into Santa, he's lovely, very realistic and my son was given a lovely wooden train. Then back the way we came and you decorate a ginger bread man. That was all for 10euro so I was very impressed.
    The price of 10 is for kids up to 3 years old, it's then 18euro for kids over that,as I think they do more crafts.
    It was a lovely visit, although my little guy is just under two and was pretty scared of Santa, but he enjoyed himself and loves his gift too.

All the info is on their facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

brian_t wrote: »
    Santa Will Be In Donadea Forest Park This Weekend

Santa will be there:

From Saturday, December 5th 2015

All Weekends Saturday – Sunday until Christmas

11.00am to 5.00pm.

From Monday, December 14th to Friday, December 18th

2.00pm – 5.00pm

Christmas Week

11.00am to 5.00pm.

He is there on Christmas Eve from 11.00am until 1.00pm.

For queries please contact Pamela Doran at 087-6725320

http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/newsevents/events/event-information/?tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=582&cHash=899076c200427870b60589e254aaed09

Thank you so much for that information. I really appreciate it.

Coopaloop wrote: »
    We went to the Santa in Wallaby woods today, lovely set up.
    You get greeted by the elves, then you go write your letter to Santa and post it, then your lead through the barn, where there are lots of animals, now I'm not sure if this happens every time as it was quite today with the weather, but we got to pet the snake (so cool) and bearded lizard, and all the other fluffy animals too.
    Then you are lead out the trail to Santa's hut and meet Mrs Clause and then go into Santa, he's lovely, very realistic and my son was given a lovely wooden train. Then back the way we came and you decorate a ginger bread man. That was all for 10euro so I was very impressed.
    The price of 10 is for kids up to 3 years old, it's then 18euro for kids over that,as I think they do more crafts.
    It was a lovely visit, although my little guy is just under two and was pretty scared of Santa, but he enjoyed himself and loves his gift too.

All the info is on their facebook page.

That sounds like a brilliant set up and such good value. Mine are 15 months so possibly a bit young to benefit from it all but I'll definitely add that to the list for next year.

Thanks for the recommendation.

So we went to Santa in Donadea at the weekend. Unfortunately I was quite disappointed. It was €14 for each child (despite them both being only 14 months) plus the €5 into the car park. I thought that might at least include a photograph but no. They did have a child (approx 10 years old) dressed as an elf who took a photo on my phone. On the plus side there was no queue!

I think we'll be trying Wallaby Woods next year. It sounds like much better value.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Rathkenny wrote: »
    So we went to Santa in Donadea at the weekend. Unfortunately I was quite disappointed. It was €14 for each child (despite them both being only 14 months) plus the €5 into the car park. I thought that might at least include a photograph but no. They did have a child (approx 10 years old) dressed as an elf who took a photo on my phone. On the plus side there was no queue!

I think we'll be trying Wallaby Woods next year. It sounds like much better value.

That's good to know. I did wallaby woods last year and was deeply disappointed. The kids just got a selection box off Santa and the walk up to Santas grotto was slippy and mucky which was a shame. Can't fault Lullymore though! Amazing place and I'm hoping to get back there this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

ChewChew wrote: »
    That's good to know. I did wallaby woods last year and was deeply disappointed. The kids just got a selection box off Santa and the walk up to Santas grotto was slippy and mucky which was a shame. Can't fault Lullymore though! Amazing place and I'm hoping to get back there this year!

heard great things about Santa in Lullymore http://www.lullymoreheritagepark.com/tours-events/lullymore-christmas.

being there 3 times this year, Halloween was very good.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

blueshed wrote: »
    heard great things about Santa in Lullymore http://www.lullymoreheritagepark.com/tours-events/lullymore-christmas.

being there 3 times this year, Halloween was very good.

We went for Halloween the last two years and it's been fantastic! Such a buzz!

Would highly highly recommend it for Santa if the kids are of an understanding

Advertisement