Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the Leaving Cert now

• 30-11-2015 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So basically I plan on going back and repeating my leaving cert again (I sat it in june and I didn't do so well), I've already sorted out everything with repeating and subjects pretty much.
    I plan on doing:

English(H)
    History(H)
    Maths(O)
    Home Ec(H)
    Biology(Undecided)
    Irish(Undecided if I'll repeat Irish since I barely scraped a pass and honestly barely know any of the language, but if I have to I will)

I plan on working hard from now until June to get a good result, can anyone help me with some of the main topic points in these subjects? Also I was thinking of doing AG science as an extra subject since I'm exempt from a language and would maybe need the extra points.

Any tips/advice for me? I know it will be difficult, and I know people are going to doubt that I will do well, but I'm seriously motivated this year to do well in my leaving cert.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You have practical work in History and Ag. Sc. to do - that will keep you busy.

Did you submit your Home Ec. coursework in time?

Online applications for externals will open in January on the SEC site, examinations.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Is it possible to repeat the leaving cert now and get every thing submitted like Ag Project, Geography and LCVP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KingStockton

If I do Home Ec, I won't be able to get the 20% with the course work unfortunately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

OriginV wrote: »
    Is it possible to repeat the leaving cert now and get every thing submitted like Ag Project, Geography and LCVP?

The submission dates for LCVP and Ag. Sc. are usually March. I think Geography is April, along with History, so technically I suppose it would be.

Advertisement