Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISSUE BEYOND LIMITS / bad phone customer service rep!!!

Options
  • 30-11-2015 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

i just rang cust service trying to provide meter reading from my old address and somehow very tired representative said that i cant because i have to give landlord details (which never ever before was necessary). i told him that it is mulligar county council, than he said that he need their phone number, i kindly told him that u can find it online; he started threating me that i will be liable for disconection fee.

the best is that recently i was on the phone to them plenty of times & they knew right well that im moving to different house, i even became new gas heating customer with electric ireland which apparently was a mistake...

representative couldnt even tell me under what circumstances, terms or conditions I AM OBLIGED to give county concil phone number otherwise i will be charged additional fees!

at the end he even said: I DONT WANNA ARGUE WITH U!

What the heck is wrong with him?
    &
    Who in the right mind did hire some1 like him with such a poor telephone manners!

It seems that he was a complaining customer angry with whole world.

Please provide me details where & how I can make a complain against that person. I do have his name & employee number.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dzachec

i forgot to mention that my account is being already transferred to new address, all i had to do left is provide meter reading from old address once im out of there, as i was advised on the phone before my recent call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi dzachec,

We're sorry to read you're unhappy with your recent customer experience.
    i have to give landlord details (which never ever before was necessary). i told him that it is mulligar county council, than he said that he need their phone number, i kindly told him that u can find it online; he started threating me that i will be liable for disconection fee.

Requesting a name and phone number for the individual or company assuming responsibility for the supply would be standard procedure, as outlined here on our website here, which goes through the information you need to provide when closing an electricity or gas account.
    representative couldnt even tell me under what circumstances, terms or conditions I AM OBLIGED to give county concil phone number otherwise i will be charged additional fees!

For the conditions relating to potential vacant premise disconnections, see our Code of Practice for Customer Billing and Disconnection (page 3).

We do regret that you had a negative experience with the agent on the phone however; if you wish to log a complaint, please provide us with the following details by private message:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

________

Advertisement