Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

was that for the Young Professional Visa?

I know those ones and the international coop ones are being issued first.

I applied for the Iec two weeks ago but havent got an ITA yet

was that for the Young Professional Visa?

I know those ones and the international coop ones are being issued first.

I applied for the Iec two weeks ago but havent got an ITA yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

I've been invited to apply but haven't recieved my Garda clearance yet does anyone know what u should do?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Hi Guys,

I am applying for the two year working Visa and was thinking of doing it through goforless. Would it be better to apply straight through the embassy directly or is it easier through goforless?

Thanks

Juan8 wrote: »
    I've been invited to apply but haven't recieved my Garda clearance yet does anyone know what u should do?

I heard off a friend I could go to the Garda station and get a letter off them to say that I've applied for clearance and that it's in the process, the Garda told me they won't do this for me, does anyone know what I should do I've only a couple of days left to apply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Hi Guys,

I am applying for the two year working Visa and was thinking of doing it through goforless. Would it be better to apply straight through the embassy directly or is it easier through goforless?

Thanks

Goforless only offer assistance for getting the visa, they cannot get you the visa. Honestly it's a very simple process and paying goforless for assistance would be a waste of money, imo.

I heard off a friend I could go to the Garda station and get a letter off them to say that I've applied for clearance and that it's in the process, the Garda told me they won't do this for me, does anyone know what I should do I've only a couple of days left to apply

Just attach a letter of explanation stating that you have applied for a police cert and are still waiting it's arrival.

I don't have $2500 in my bank account yet to prove my financial means for the checklist in the work permit application because i don't plan on leaving for Canada for 9 months what do I do about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I've applied for the IEC but still no invitation yet. Does anyone know if i can apply for a canadian holiday visa in the meantime or will this have an effect on my IEC application? I'm hoping to go to canada for 4 weeks in march and won't be working while I'm there. Any potential issues from doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Just applied. Starting to get excited now!

• Advertisement

I've applied for the IEC but still no invitation yet. Does anyone know if i can apply for a canadian holiday visa in the meantime or will this have an effect on my IEC application? I'm hoping to go to canada for 4 weeks in march and won't be working while I'm there. Any potential issues from doing this?

you don't need a visa to visit canada. Just come to canada and then go back. But if your planning on getting your work permit application whilst your staying as a visitor then I wouldn't get your hopes up.

alexsmith wrote: »
    you don't need a visa to visit canada. Just come to canada and then go back. But if your planning on getting your work permit application whilst your staying as a visitor then I wouldn't get your hopes up.

From March 16th you will require an eTA. (similar to ESTA)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp

From March 16th you will require an eTA. (similar to ESTA)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp

Thanks for that. Yeah I'm only going for a short holiday and will be leaving after 4 weeks, even if i receive my invitation while I'm there. My gf is canadian so i want to visit her in march but I'm aiming to move there properly in sept (if my working holiday visa comes through by then!)

oh thats news to me. Just another way to get more money out of you. Nice :)

anyone received an ITA for IEC yet? I don't know why they would hesitate to give these work permits out, it should be the opposite way around! Canada has a huge immigration problem that it can't seem to figure out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mico96

Happily, I got my ITA for the IEC programme. When I was filling out the application, 2016 was the latest year I could put in for expected completion date of post secondary education, even though it'll be 2018. Anyone know a way around this or if it will be a problem?

Just received my invitation today! About 3 weeks after i lodged my application

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SwearBySin

I don't have $2500 in my bank account yet to prove my financial means for the checklist in the work permit application because i don't plan on leaving for Canada for 9 months what do I do about this?

I'm in the same boat here. Anybody know if you need to prove you have the $2500 in your bank straight up or would sending bank statements showing you get steady income from a job suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Received mine today also.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Just submitted the application. It says 8 weeks turn around on a response. Did you all have to wait that long?

• Advertisement

Legwinski wrote: »
    Just applied. Starting to get excited now!

Got the ITA (3 days including the weekend). Must get my police cert application in this week.

Tried to apply for the police certificate today but apparently you need to bring your birth cert.

If I don't get the police certificate before the deadline, what have people provided to prove they've applied? Thanks

Tried to apply for the police certificate today but apparently you need to provide a copy of your birth cert.

If I don't get the police certificate before the deadline, what have people provided to prove they've applied? Thanks

Most people attach a letter of explanation, stating that the police cert has been applied for and is on the way.

I'm trying to complete the family information form (IMM 5707E) and it won't let me put my signature on it, am I meant to print these forms out and complete them by hand then scan them to upload or is this an error?

I'm trying to complete the family information form (IMM 5707E) and it won't let me put my signature on it, am I meant to print these forms out and complete them by hand then scan them to upload or is this an error?

I saved it to desktop and reopened it and was able to sign then. My main issue was that there's no section to fill in sibling information.

I saved it to desktop and reopened it and was able to sign then. My main issue was that there's no section to fill in sibling information.

Did you do this using Microsoft word? It's saying it has to convert the document to open it using word will this cause any problems?

I also wondered about siblings myself? Do you not need to provide any information about them?

Did you do this using Microsoft word? It's saying it has to convert the document to open it using word will this cause any problems?

I also wondered about siblings myself? Do you not need to provide any information about them?

No, I just saved the PDF to my desktop and was able to fill it in then.

Yea, I'm fairly sure we don't have to give sibling information.

received my IEC ITA last week. Nice. And I'm now in Toronto so if anybody is here give me a shout.

No, I just saved the PDF to my desktop and was able to fill it in then.

Yea, I'm fairly sure we don't have to give sibling information.

It still won't let me sign the family information form does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭palmtrees

What did ye provide for 'Proof of Means of Financial Support'?

Advertisement