Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

I've been asked to send my police certificate into them, is this a good or bad sign? It also doesn't specify where i send it to, can anyone help me with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Has anyone gone via the Young Professional route? I see you have to include your college diploma- I graduate in June so I assume a letter from the university stating such would be ok?

I'm currently in the working holiday pool and have been since December 5 last year but no invites yet :( Hoping I might wrangle a job offer and speed things up a bit!

Any advice appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Can someone help me on this is the Police Certificate being Garda vetted?

Went into my local station tonight and the desk Garda said it wasnt that i just needed to bring my passport and list of addresses tomorrow and he will fill the form out for me

sorry if this is stupid but I am just very confused with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

No Garda vetting is different to the certificate needed for IEC. As he said just bring your passport and list of addresses where you have lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mico96

I received ITA last week, submitted my application and then got an email saying my application has been updated today. The application on myCIC says the application has been approved but there was no follow up email or message with it saying what I need etc. When my partner got his approval last week he got an email that said to print it and bring it with him, but I didn't get this.

Anyone else not get this or know what I should do?

Have the same problem, anyone know a solution?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Batman18

Quick question for you all - how long has does it take from when you get the ITA to getting a approved/rejected?

I started the application process a few ago and I'm waiting for the ITA. It seems that it doesn't actually take 8 weeks! I don't particularly want to buy flights to go over without being approved and in 8 weeks, flights would be so expensive to buy.

I uploaded my police cert through a scanner and was asked to reupload it? does anyone know why this is? i used a scanner to upload it first time, would they rather a picture or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Batman18 wrote: »
    Quick question for you all - how long has does it take from when you get the ITA to getting a approved/rejected?

I started the application process a few ago and I'm waiting for the ITA. It seems that it doesn't actually take 8 weeks! I don't particularly want to buy flights to go over without being approved and in 8 weeks, flights would be so expensive to buy.

I'd imagine its a case by case thing but I submitted all my docs and paid the fees almost 4 weeks ago and I'm still waiting. I have seen people getting it within a few days so it's kind of random.

Dboy85 wrote: »
    I'd imagine its a case by case thing but I submitted all my docs and paid the fees almost 4 weeks ago and I'm still waiting. I have seen people getting it within a few days so it's kind of random.

Yeah that was impression! How long did it take from when started the application to getting the ITA?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Legwinski wrote: »
    Got the ITA (3 days including the weekend). Must get my police cert application in this week.

Got approved fully today! So took nearly 7 weeks all considered, although I took nearly 2 weeks to do the application.

• Advertisement

Got approved fully today!

Were going for the working holiday visa?

Were going for the working holiday visa?

Yea the working holiday one. Toronto!

Yea the working holiday one. Toronto!

Congrats! Going by yourself or with friends?

Congrats! Going by yourself or with friends?

Thanks! On my own but I have a friend who's been living there nearly a year. Won't be going til November at the earliest though unfortunately.

Got approved fully today! So took nearly 7 weeks all considered, although I took nearly 2 weeks to do the application.

So how long were you waiting for the work permit approval after you fully submitted it and paid the fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

I sent in all my documents on the Sunday night and paid the fees, I had an update the following Friday to say it had been approved and my POE letter arrived the following Monday!

Dboy85 wrote: »
    So how long were you waiting for the work permit approval after you fully submitted it and paid the fees?

I submitted the form and paid the fees on the 19th Feb.

The form was actually showing up as approved a week ago but I only got the Correspondence Letter today.

I think i've been approved too, does it just say it at the bottom of your application status? If so when do you actually get the visa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Apparently invitations for working holiday visas have been paused!

http://www.stepwest.com/2015/10/30/international-experience-canada-iec-2016-opening-dates/#country

Juan8 wrote: »
    I think i've been approved too, does it just say it at the bottom of your application status? If so when do you actually get the visa?

Took about a week between noticing the approval at the bottom of the application status and actually receiving the letter of correspondence. You bring the letter with you to Canada and some border official will decide whether to give you a work permit or not!

• Advertisement

Got mine today, 4 weeks to the day. Boom! Catch ye over there suckas :D

Took about a week between noticing the approval at the bottom of the application status and actually receiving the letter of correspondence. You bring the letter with you to Canada and some border official will decide whether to give you a work permit or not!

Really? What would their reasons have to be to turn someone away? Lack of funds etc?

Juan8 wrote: »
    Really? What would their reasons have to be to turn someone away? Lack of funds etc?

Lack of funds, lack of insurance, expired LOE, misrepresentation etc.. I would say that 99% of people get their permit with no issues, but you do need to be aware that the letter does not entitle you to a permit and that the ultimate decision rests with the border agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

Got mine today! 3 weeks after I applied. Heading over towards the end of 2016 I think. Vancouver here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Does anyone know what kind of jobs you're allowed to get on the Working Holiday Visa? Is it limited to casual/no contract work or can you get a proper contract office job? Can't find much online about it! I'm about to graduate.

Does anyone know what kind of jobs you're allowed to get on the Working Holiday Visa? Is it limited to casual/no contract work or can you get a proper contract office job? Can't find much online about it! I'm about to graduate.

You are allowed to work in any job - it's completely open. The only restriction is you need to have a medical if you want to work in healthcare services or with children.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

You are allowed to work in any job - it's completely open. The only restriction is you need to have a medical if you want to work in healthcare services or with children.

Great thank you so much! Do you have a link to where it says that on the site for the Working Holiday Visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eoinoc2509

Does anyone know when they will be sending out the invites again for Ireland all I can see is early april. thanks

eoinoc2509 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when they will be sending out the invites again for Ireland all I can see is early april. thanks

April 11th. I can't post the URL but if you google "quota IEC" and choose the round of invitations link, its there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 eoinoc2509

April 11th. I can't post the URL but if you google "quota IEC" and choose the round of invitations link, its there!

Thanks!

Advertisement