Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Deccydohc99

Anyone hear anything today?
    I applied back in February and still nothing.
    Not looking so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

CIC had some technical problems this week so it doesn't seem any invites went out this week like they were supposed to. Big lot of invitations still due to be sent out- annoying to wait but think a lot of people are still in with a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eoinoc2509

Has anybody received an invite yet?

eoinoc2509 wrote: »
    Has anybody received an invite yet?

Seen a tweet saying they're still having technical problems, so still no invites anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Are you notified if you're not going to receive an invitation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Woo. Invitation to apply. Now to figure out what to do next. I find the website a bit confusing :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

fatknacker wrote: »
    Woo. Invitation to apply. Now to figure out what to do next. I find the website a bit confusing :confused:

I found it a bit confusing too. On the main page of the CIC website where you would normally go to check on your application there should be a new application called work permit or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Can I give upload my current passport for my application but use a new one when entering the country because my current one will be expired during my stay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

yes, but bring both with you over there just in case

JEESUS Mary & Joseph!

I've 11 days left to apply and a LOT of documents to get. Including police certificates from a few er...awkward countries.

Anyone else have this problem?

• Advertisement

no, had zero problems, had everything I needed apart from the police cert before I applied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Pyro7046

JEESUS Mary & Joseph!

I've 11 days left to apply and a LOT of documents to get. Including police certificates from a few er...awkward countries.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm in the same boat with the police cert requested it months ago and still haven't received it, i'll submit without it and fingers crossed it'll be fine.

Pyro7046 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat with the police cert requested it months ago and still haven't received it, i'll submit without it and fingers crossed it'll be fine.

what garda station did you submit to? mine took 10 working days? Did you select the vetting request by accident? Very surprised it is taking that long

Sorry I meant to say my FBI cert i got the garda on within a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Batman18

Anyone know how a student should fill out the work and education sections of the application? I can't say I'm currently in college as my end date is not given as an option to choose.

Batman18 wrote: »
    Anyone know how a student should fill out the work and education sections of the application? I can't say I'm currently in college as my end date is not given as an option to choose.

For the work sections enter previous job titles
    For education insert any education you have or training

For the work sections enter previous job titles
    For education insert any education you have or training

Thanks for the response. How do fill in the education bit though since I'm currently in college? What do I put as my end date since its beyond 2016?

well if you have no education you will have to leave it blank

well if you have no education you will have to leave it blank

Cheers! You'd kinda think they'd have an option to say that you're still in education though!

Cheers! You'd kinda think they'd have an option to say that you're still in education though!
    Dont take this the wrong way but why would they?
    Why would they want people coming to work in Canada with no education or perhaps work experience?
    Would you be better holding off until you are finished your education and then go over? Maybe get some experience under your belt?

• Advertisement

I just put down finish date as May, if it comes to technicalities, I'm just going to say that's when I finished lectures!
    Shouldn't have to come to that though

Anyone know how long it takes to hear word back after payment and all the forms like passport and Garda clearance takes?

Pyro7046 wrote: »

Can you submit without the forms? I can't see an option to submit.

Ah, i uploaded letters of explanation for each section then submitted and paid. So we'll see what happens now.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rhea Rose

Hey guys, does anyone know what the craic is with booking a return ticket? It's a 2 year visa so it's kind of awkward booking a return, especially when I don't know if I'll be coming back to Ireland.

Is it safe enough to book one way if you can prove you have funds for a return? There's a lot of conflicting info online.

Ah, i uploaded letters of explanation for each section then submitted and paid. So we'll see what happens now.

Yeah I did the same actually got a message back yesterday saying I needed to submit the police cert by a certain date so hopefully it comes through soon.

Rhea Rose wrote: »
    Hey guys, does anyone know what the craic is with booking a return ticket? It's a 2 year visa so it's kind of awkward booking a return, especially when I don't know if I'll be coming back to Ireland.

Is it safe enough to book one way if you can prove you have funds for a return? There's a lot of conflicting info online.

In the same boat, don't think i'll be booking a return ticket. If you're really worried maybe book one to return around christmas, if you're planning to come back for it or you could buy a flexi ticket although they're pretty expensive.

As far as I know you just need to have the 2,500 to keep them happy at the border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I didn't have to show a return ticket at the border and know a few others that didn't either. Not sure what the official stance on it is but pretty sure it's fine as long as you have proof of funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

So i have just got a letter from mycic saying that says:
    Your application to work in Canada has been approved. A permit authorizing you to work will be issued to you on your arrival to Canada following an examination by an officer of the Canada Border Services Agency, subject
    to your compliance with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations.The officer will ask to see this letter, your passport and may request to see your supporting documents. Do not pack these or other valuable papers in your checked luggage.

Is that it??? Do i now have the visa?? I went for the visa in 2014 and it was a pain in the hole, you got a temporary thing first and then had to upload more stuff but i missed the deadline and gave up. This year i missed the deadline for the first upload then submit another application and only submit my docs like 3 days ago and now this letter?? Seems to easy? The visas were snapped up in no time in 2014

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

So i have just got a letter from mycic saying that says:

Is that it??? Do i now have the visa?? I went for the visa in 2014 and it was a pain in the hole, you got a temporary thing first and then had to upload more stuff but i missed the deadline and gave up. This year i missed the deadline for the first upload then submit another application and only submit my docs like 3 days ago and now this letter?? Seems to easy? The visas were snapped up in no time in 2014

You don't have the visa/permit yet, the permit is issued at the border. What you have is a letter that allows you to get the permit at the border.

Advertisement