Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

bm92 wrote: »
    Hey!!
    So my girlfriend and I are going to apply today for the invitation. Am I correct in thinking there is no way to link our applications so we both get offers at same time? Also what are the chances of getting the offers?
    Yes you cant link applications
    You have little chance of getting one now as most have gone out already, remember this opened on the 1st of January.
    You should apply next year I if was you

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bm92

Yes you cant link applications
    You have little chance of getting one now as most have gone out already, remember this opened on the 1st of January.
    You should apply next year I if was you

But according to the IEC Update (http://moving2canada.com/immigration-to-canada/iec-2016-news-immigrate-to-canada/) there are still 4390 spots available out of 7700?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bm92

Both of us got our invitations last night!!
    Hey if I'm 35 next year.
    If I apply and get my visa would it have to be used before I turn 35 ?
    Also what if I turn 35 while in Canada on my first year does it effect the second ?

I'm pretty sure there's an FAQ somewhere on the website that answers that, I think I read that once you've the POE before your birthday that it's okay but you should double check it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ihearyour

Both of us got our invitations last night!!

Congrats, the girlfriend and myself recently applied for the visa. How long did it take from the time of your first application to receiving your invitations?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ihearyour

"Both of us got our invitations last night!!"

To bm92,

Congrats, the girlfriend and myself recently applied for the visa. How long did it take from the time of your first application to receiving your invitations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sponsorgate

I put in an Application yesterday & got a letter today saying I have been entered into a pool

Anyone put in/received offer recently?

What do I need to take to my local garda station? Passport, the police cert form & list of addresses I have lived?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Anyone had any experience with the Young Professional visa? After a month of back and forth I've been told I should go down that route for a visa, anyone know how long it usually takes to get an invitation to apply for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Anyone had any experience with the Young Professional visa? After a month of back and forth I've been told I should go down that route for a visa, anyone know how long it usually takes to get an invitation to apply for it?

Who told you that? If there's Working Holiday places left I would go for that. As far as I'm aware, the permits issued under YP are restricted so that you can only work for the employer named on the permit (open to correction on that).

Who told you that? If there's Working Holiday places left I would go for that. As far as I'm aware, the permits issued under YP are restricted so that you can only work for the employer named on the permit (open to correction on that).

Well I have a job offer already, they just basically spent a month going around in circles before telling me to through IEC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Well I have a job offer already, they just basically spent a month going around in circles before telling me to through IEC

Ah ok. It shouldn't take more than a couple of days to get an invite and then approx. 2 months to process the application (after you have submitted all your docs). I would look into the Working Holiday option though, it gives you more flexibility in case things don't work out with the employer (and honestly the fact that they've told you to use IEC is raising flags).

• Advertisement

Ah ok. It shouldn't take more than a couple of days to get an invite and then approx. 2 months to process the application (after you have submitted all your docs). I would look into the Working Holiday option though, it gives you more flexibility in case things don't work out with the employer (and honestly the fact that they've told you to use IEC is raising flags).

Thanks for the information, ah this whole thing has been a mess. Company basically wanted me to apply as an intra-company transferee told me this after I'd left the Irish company (after being told to do so by the Irish office), spent a month trying to get the Irish company to re-hire me to get that visa. Ah well sure a bit of unemployment it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SarahBloomsie

Hi Guys,

Roughly how long is it taking for an invitation to come through? I applied on Friday.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Guys,

Roughly how long is it taking for an invitation to come through? I applied on Friday.

Thanks,

Sarah

I applied on last Monday for both Working Holiday and Young Professional and have yet to hear back

I read on here that one guy said it took him a week? What do you think? Heard anything about timelines?

Not sure but if you go on their site you can see the number of people in the pool and how many invitations have been issued, I think it updates on Wednesday so should give an idea of how many they went through in a week.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/selections.asp?country=ie&cat=wh

Quota: 7,700
    Invitations issued to date: 5,908
    Candidates in the pool: 102
    Spots available: 4,215

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/selections.asp?country=ie&cat=yp

Quota: 2,500
    Invitations issued to date: 386
    Candidates in the pool: 10
    Spots available: 2,434

Ah ok I didn't know it updated so regularly. I'll check back tomorrow. Thanks :)

Got my invitation to apply for the Young Professional visa there this evening.

So took them essentially a week to send me it.

I applied for the working holiday. Can you apply for both and what is the difference? Should I apply for the Young professional one too? I'm 30 and planning to go there for work.

Got my invite after three days. Any advice on the forms? Ie. what are common mistakes I should avoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Just completed my application for the working holiday visa and paid the fees.

How long is the turnaround for being accepted at this point?

Cheers.

• Advertisement

blue-army wrote: »
    Just completed my application for the working holiday visa and paid the fees.

How long is the turnaround for being accepted at this point?

Cheers.
    think mine was 3 week

Oh not the usual 8 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Scooper

I was granted my Canadian working holiday visa last October. When I was applying for the visa back then, I had big plans to make the move over around this time of year. Due to circumstances at the moment, I can't actually commit to moving over until January of next year. So obviously I don't want the visa to expire this October without me using it. I'm now wondering if it's possible for me to book a return flight to some part of Canada, spend 2-3 nights there and fly back home again, just to activate my 2 year visa.

Will there be any problems with doing this? Will I have trouble going through customs and will I need to explain myself before departing? I'll make sure to have all valid paperwork on me and the required funds in my Canadian bank account. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Scooper wrote: »
    I was granted my Canadian working holiday visa last October. When I was applying for the visa back then, I had big plans to make the move over around this time of year. Due to circumstances at the moment, I can't actually commit to moving over until January of next year. So obviously I don't want the visa to expire this October without me using it. I'm now wondering if it's possible for me to book a return flight to some part of Canada, spend 2-3 nights there and fly back home again, just to activate my 2 year visa.

Will there be any problems with doing this? Will I have trouble going through customs and will I need to explain myself before departing? I'll make sure to have all valid paperwork on me and the required funds in my Canadian bank account. Hope someone can help. Thanks.
    no problem with doing that at all. its very common.
    You wont need to explain anything but you will need to have all the documents and insurance as normal.

Week and a half since I got my invitation to apply and still waiting for them to give me an offer of employment ID so the application can be done. For a multi-billion dollar company with an in-house legal team this is starting to feel like a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

I just applied for this (maybe on a bit of a whim) but i've a feeling I made a mistake. At one point it asked was I a member of a college or university (something like that). I took that to mean was I currently attending college but now i've a feeling it meant have you previously graduated from a college? Which I have. I don't see a way to change this information so maybe I should withdraw and apply again

I just applied for this (maybe on a bit of a whim) but i've a feeling I made a mistake. At one point it asked was I a member of a college or university (something like that). I took that to mean was I currently attention college but now i've a feeling it meant have to previously graduated from a college? Which I have. I don't see a way to change this information so may I should withdraw and apply again
    yes

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Liamu2

hey lads..got my 2 year iec and have about 6-7k€ to go..Have flights booked with westjet to vancouver and have acc booked in samesun hostel

have lived in Perth for a year but had friends to stay and live with..this time il be going alone..pretty nervous i must say

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Scooper

no problem with doing that at all. its very common.
    You wont need to explain anything but you will need to have all the documents and insurance as normal.

Cheers for your reply. Just a question on insurance too. I'll be booking a flight over to St. Johns for a day or two in October and returning to Ireland again, so I will need insurance for that trip. But I will be home then until January before returning to Canada again to make the move proper. Will my insurance that I pay for in October become void by the time I leave in January or will I still be covered and will I have to get a new 2 year insurance then if I'm not? Or would it be possible to cancel my insurance in October as soon as I return home, get a refund and then buy a new 2 year insurance for when I go in January. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

Hi all, just asking this for a friend i already live in toronto, shes going to apply for iec, just wanting to know when you apply to pool how long roughly they replying to ye to say been invited? after your invited and send docs payment ect how long ye waiting to be issued poe letter thank you?

Advertisement