Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting to hear back from interview

Options
  • 30-11-2015 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

How long have you had to wait to hear back after an interview (development role)? Did one last Thursday, thought I'd hear today but no joy. I'm taking that as a bad sign. The last company didn't even bother to let me know, despite several emails. In non-IT roles I never had to wait more than a week but I'm only in my first, so have no point of reference...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Usually within around 2 days. Never had to wait long really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Really depends on the company, I wouldn't read anything into it yet, it's only been 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭14ned

How long have you had to wait to hear back after an interview (development role)? Did one last Thursday, thought I'd hear today but no joy. I'm taking that as a bad sign. The last company didn't even bother to let me know, despite several emails. In non-IT roles I never had to wait more than a week but I'm only in my first, so have no point of reference...

I've waited six weeks to find out both for Microsoft and Google. Both were senior roles though where making a decision is much harder, and the cost of getting it wrong is much higher.

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Felix Culpa

14ned wrote: »
    I've waited six weeks to find out both for Microsoft and Google. Both were senior roles though where making a decision is much harder, and the cost of getting it wrong is much higher.

Niall

+1

I've gotten feedback for candidates ten minutes after interview, or up to three months later.

Did you go through an agency or is it direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭14ned

Did you go through an agency or is it direct?

Both Microsoft and Google approached me directly. That probably is an important detail about how long you have to wait, good point.

Niall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Follow up with an email or a phone call if you haven't done so already and mention that you're really keen on working for the company.

Advertisement