Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 30-11-15

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Every time I read "League of Nations", all I can think of is "Evil League of Evil", which leads me too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Del Rio would be better as a Heyman guy if staying heel or bring back Riccardo Rodriguez try push as a face a replacement for Rey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I like Del Rio in LoN. In fact if booked well they could have a good faction on their hands. I see them as allied individuals rather than a traditional wrestling stable & that's how I'd like them to proceed; each member having their own separate feuds (and managers in the case of ADR & Rusev) but can rely on their fellow League members when needed. Something that kind of alludes to the current popularity of The Avengers without dipping into the actual comic book aspect. In saying that I think DM_7 is right & this is just a stopgap obstacle for Reigns to overcome by the time Royal Rumble comes around & it'll be no more after that.

Also I genuinely think Kalisto could be the Mysterio replacement WWE are looking for. It's good to see Lucha Dragons finally get consistent TV time & a few wins, reckon they just need a decent feud to get stuck into now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Was just coming on to say that about LoN. It reminds me of Paul E forming the Dangerous Alliance in WCW "Its not a lineup, its not army, its not a stable and its not a family its an alliance of businessmen". Thats exactly what the LoN needs to be, an alliance of heels with their own feuds but always having another LoN member there watching their back. Alberto is defending the US Title so King Barrett should be on commentary just to be nearby just little things like that. We dont need constant 6 or man tags just always have a reminder that these guys aren't best friends but they will always make sure they as a collective are a dominant force.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

If it's booked that way it will be pretty good. I'd probably be into it regardless of who was in it if it played out that way. Hopefully they don't end up as a bickering heel team. Rusev should be portrayed as being completely dominant for the time being I think. Sheamus referred to him as his right hand man when introducing the group, so he should play the enforcer role when Sheamus needs it. Hopefully that's the plan since he fought Reigns last week.

• Advertisement

At the end of the day I think if we get 4-6 weeks of them coming out all dressed in suits then we can just call it a success and spend the next 10 years watching them listed above The Four Horsemen but below Evolution in numerous lists of the greatest stables ever on WWE.com

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ahh the moment when everyone sees the possibilities in an angle... then the WWE fail to make any of them a reality.

I like the little grouping but yeah it will not last more than a PPV or two imo, the continued Roman Reigns push will put an end to that with the subtlety of a big show somersault.

ahh the moment when everyone sees the possibilities in an angle... then the WWE fail to make any of them a reality.

I like the little grouping but yeah it will not last more than a PPV or two imo, the continued Roman Reigns push will put an end to that with the subtlety of a big show somersault.

This is just so true. The LoN could be great but we all know the booking is gonna be awful. Listen to Shake Them Ropes on VoW and Jeff basically laid out exactly how its going to go. Roman will run through all 7 of them (LoN & New Day) and then win the big belt no matter what reactions he is getting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If it's booked that way it will be pretty good. I'd probably be into it regardless of who was in it if it played out that way. Hopefully they don't end up as a bickering heel team. Rusev should be portrayed as being completely dominant for the time being I think. Sheamus referred to him as his right hand man when introducing the group, so he should play the enforcer role when Sheamus needs it. Hopefully that's the plan since he fought Reigns last week.

Aye, that'd be nice. They need to have him strong from the off though, the dragged out Ziggler feud where he looked like a jackass for the vast majority of it was pretty damaging to his character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Angron wrote: »
    Aye, that'd be nice. They need to have him strong from the off though, the dragged out Ziggler feud where he looked like a jackass for the vast majority of it was pretty damaging to his character.

Really hope they have the sense to start booking him strong again and write off his glorified jobber period as him just being out of sorts because he'd lost Lana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Catching up on raw now and ric flair is looking more and more like the emperor from Star Wars everyday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Del Rio aligning with the League works significantly better than the Mex-America nonsense.

I found the whole country without borders thing (patrie sans frontières?) a more interesting take on the evil foreigner schtick myself. Is he supposed to be representing Mex-America in the league?

Advertisement