Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can't receive email - configuration settings for gofree.indigo.ie email account

Options
  • 30-11-2015 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

The hard disk on my old Pc has become corrupted and I had an old email account on it using a gofree.indigo.ie account which was used for utility bills etc as well as email. This account was accessed using outlook express.

Having called the technical support line, I managed to get the password reset and the account reactivated(Thanks to Richie) . 

I 've now managed to get the account to send email using the windows mail application. However I can't receive any email - I've tried both POP.indigo.ie and webmail.eircom.net with incoming mail set for port 110.

I know there is mail backed up since the hard disk crash that I really need to get to so any help would be really appreciated.

Also I've tried to access this account through the webmail front end but the account doesn't appear to be recognised - keep the error below:

Log in not found  - The username or password you entered has not been recognised

Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

no1davef wrote: »
    The hard disk on my old Pc has become corrupted and I had an old email account on it using a gofree.indigo.ie account which was used for utility bills etc as well as email. This account was accessed using outlook express.

Having called the technical support line, I managed to get the password reset and the account reactivated(Thanks to Richie) . 

I 've now managed to get the account to send email using the windows mail application. However I can't receive any email - I've tried both POP.indigo.ie and webmail.eircom.net with incoming mail set for port 110.

I know there is mail backed up since the hard disk crash that I really need to get to so any help would be really appreciated.

Also I've tried to access this account through the webmail front end but the account doesn't appear to be recognised - keep the error below:

Log in not found  - The username or password you entered has not been recognised

Thanks
    Dave
    Hi no1davef

Having contacted the eir email support and they have advised me ask you to ensure your incoming and outgoing server settings are as advised below:

Incoming Mail Server:
    pop.indigo.ie

Outgoing Mail Server:
    SMTP.indigo.ie or Mail.indigo.ie

Also, email support have advised me that it would be best to contact them on free phone 1901 (option 2 ) if the above advice/information does not improve the situation or resolve this issue or if you should have any email query. You can also reach technical support on 1890260260 or via WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3 no1davef

Thanks Al for getting back to me.

I had spoken to Robbie in technical support - he helped me to get password reset. He thought I'd be able to access the account through the eir/webmail portal but when I got home it wouldn't work as per my previous post.

I had configured the incoming mail setting to pop.indigo.ie but this didn't allow me to receive mail. Checking other posts on the eir community suggested using the eircom configuration in my original post.

Is there anything I could be missing??
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3 no1davef

Hi Al,
    I've reset the incoming mailserver to pop.indigo.ie at port 110 and left the the secure connection(SSL0 unticked.

When I subsequently try to receive mail it asks me for my username and password and then returns the following error :

Account XXXatgofree.indigo.ie, server:pop.indigo.ie, protocol:pop3, server response: - Err authorization failed
    port 110 Secure(SSL): No Server error: ox800ccc90 error number:0x800ccc92

Outgoing mail is still set to smtp.indigo.ie and is sending mail successfully. I've selected that the outgoing  mail server requires authentication  and that it requires a secure connection(SSL).

If you send me a private EM I'll send you the full account details

Thanks
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Your username is everything to the left of the '@' sign, make sure youare not entering your email address as the username

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

no1davef wrote: »
    Hi Al,
    I've reset the incoming mailserver to pop.indigo.ie at port 110 and left the the secure connection(SSL0 unticked.

When I subsequently try to receive mail it asks me for my username and password and then returns the following error :

Account XXXatgofree.indigo.ie, server:pop.indigo.ie, protocol:pop3, server response: - Err authorization failed
    port 110 Secure(SSL): No Server error: ox800ccc90 error number:0x800ccc92

Outgoing mail is still set to smtp.indigo.ie and is sending mail successfully. I've selected that the outgoing  mail server requires authentication  and that it requires a secure connection(SSL).

If you send me a private EM I'll send you the full account details

Thanks
    Dave
    I'm sorry no1davef - the best advice I can offer you is to get in touch with technical support on 1890260260 or via WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow

AL

• Advertisement
Advertisement