Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recommendations on gyms in Castlebar/Westport area?

Options
  • 01-12-2015 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Just wondering if people can offer any advice on the best gym or gym package around the Castlebar/Westport area? I'm a guy in my mid 20's looking to lose some weight if that's of any relevance.

With a multitude of gyms now open, I'm wondering who offer the best service at the best price?

I see names like RLS Fitness, Health Quarters, UFS, Sting Ray and Personal Training Mayo, along with all the usual health club gyms.

Any advice would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

mayoboyo wrote: »
    Just wondering if people can offer any advice on the best gym or gym package around the Castlebar/Westport area? I'm a guy in my mid 20's looking to lose some weight if that's of any relevance.

With a multitude of gyms now open, I'm wondering who offer the best service at the best price?

I see names like RLS Fitness, Health Quarters, UFS, Sting Ray and Personal Training Mayo, along with all the usual health club gyms.

Any advice would be great!

Any luck OP? I'm new to the area and also looking about getting set up after Xmas. Anyone recommend any nice quiet gyms in castlebar/westport/claremorris?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Always find Westport Woods Hotel relatively quite. I go there swimming around 7.30 a few evenings a week and it seems quite. And gym seems to have all the gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cuff92

Stingray fitness. Great gym.. Great push well worth it.. decent people.. :)

Thanks for the replys. I'm not too fussed, just don't want anywhere too packed but would like somewhere with a pool. I'll check out the one in westport during the week cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

There's a quite a distance between Castlebar and Westport and even if you only go 3 times a week that added time in getting there and back will really impinge on your free time so take that into consideration.

I think you just need a general gym rather than those more sports oriented fitness/social club type places that pop up here and there that are really more for advanced sporty types rather than beginners imo.

In respect of general gyms then Westport has the Westport Leisure Center http://www.westportleisure.com/ and Castlebar has the Castlebar Leisure Club. http://www.castleleisureclub.ie

I would highly recommend the Castlebar Leisure Club over the Westport Leisure Park http://www.westportleisure.com IF it's closer to you than Westport.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. I know there's quite a distance but I'm working between both but living in Castlebar so I said if suggest it to look at more options. Couple of others have said about Castlebar so I'll probably go with that and it will be the handiest. Cheers

Advertisement