Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

A person can be entertaining but you (people generally not you individually) can still find their actions deplorable. For example I like Aubrey (think she is the most astute person in there) but I would never condone her spitting in someone's food.
    He was only with the other girl for a couple of months.

You are justifying Bears actions and thereby condoning cheating.
    Seemingly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Ah lads this has gotten way to serious I'm sure no one condones cheating and weather you like him or not he is tv gold for cbb.
    I don't enjoy watching his egg dropping and roofless stuff that that doesn't mean that because he cheated on someone that he should be humiliated like he was. however I'm sure as well that he was fully aware that Lexie could be brought in at some stage due to contracting you have to give permission for that kinda stuff on tv.
    It's all planned out you chose the people who can and can't come in ur they brought in Lewis's mom not his dad coz they don't have a relationship etc

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭everybodyhas1

I don't wana watch a competition on who can be most saint like. I want to be entertained. I want to predict what might happen and be shocked by the unexpected. I want to watch unscripted human interactions and basically evesdrop on conversations. I want to be engaged in it.. And we are all judging them. Thats the point really. If I'm seriously offended by it I hope I realise I can just turn it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

You'd think someone had died the way they carry on after someone gets evicted :rolleyes:

Marnie-Bear-MAIN.jpg

:D
    True. And five minutes after they are gone, they seem to be forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Well someone has to. With the exception of 3 other posters everyone on this thread hates him. Sorta of funny how he is still on the house really.
    As I said previously, I don't hate Bear I hate the character he's portraying. I'm am so B O R E D of him. Oh look he spilled the coffee, ha ha. Or oh no he's dropped some eggs, hilarious - not. I refuse to believe that all the others are boring because we haven't seen anything from them.

• Advertisement

. Sorta of funny how he is still on the house really.

It's a telling comment on the species of the voters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭Rfrip

its getting a bit personal on this thread! I'm allowed to love heavy d whilst another might hate him.

No one here has the right to look down their noses at another poster or assume naivety even though we don't quite understand their love for that housemate

sure if we all liked the same person where would we be!!

Disclaimer: I loathe heavy d... Just using as example!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Rfrip wrote: »
    its getting a bit personal on this thread! I'm allowed to love heavy d whilst another might hate him.

No one here has the right to look down their noses at another poster or assume naivety even though we don't quite understand their love for that housemate

Phew I was just going to look down on you for liking him :pac:
    You're spot on though.

No. I just wish we could see more of the other housemates than The Bear Show. That's all. Frankie is gas on the live feed but rarely makes the Highlight show. I kinda liked Heavy D as a housemate. He annoyed me but he was more interesting than the showmance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭Rfrip

wyrn wrote: »
    No. I just wish we could see more of the other housemates than The Bear Show. That's all. Frankie is gas on the live feed but rarely makes the Highlight show. I kinda liked Heavy D as a housemate. He annoyed me but he was more interesting than the showmance

I totally agree with you on seeing more of the others and less of the reality tv gang. I think with Lewis gone now the dynamic will change back to the rest of the housemates

You know that's funny though is after seeing more of Sam, I really dislike her and think she delusional. I know it's editing but when she did get more air time, she totally annoyed me. That's not something I thought I would say at the start

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Speaking for myself,there is nothing personal on my behalf, just to clear this up?
    I assume that post perhaps is somewhat indirectly aimed at my posts to a point, given your reference to "naivety" and the debate about scripted reality "stars" and how it works last night.. I have no issue with any posters and thats all they are to me, posters! There is no personal element to it.

I might make the odd joke but it is nothing personal and nasty and I urge posters not to perceive it that way!!. I don;t lurk out certain posters to have a jibe!

I am entitled to question the naivety of opinions as I perceive them, thats how a debate works. And I dont mind if others do so also I don't think my posts if you study them contained any jibes (again that was a tongue in cheek joke about the I respect your opinions v I respect your intelligence!) apart from my disbelief that people buy into the likes of the Bear issue and Marnie and Lewis!

I probably pushed my opinion a bit and I apologise if that irritated a couple of posters! I wasn't trying to antagonise nor did I target any particular poster, just opinions.

Anyway, clean slate! But just to affirm, I have no problem with any poster (even if they have with me! :D ) It just baffles me how people (and there is thousands and thousands out there!) that buy into a lot of this scripted reality scene! And that was the core of my point last night!

Forgiven?? :pac:

Ah it's not on until 10:30 tonight :mad: Going to watch Die Hard on E4 instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ah it's not on until 10:30 tonight :mad: Going to watch Die Hard on E4 instead :D

Ah good lordie , now i know why i don't like Saturday nights :(

On the other hand , it 'll make the waiting time between it and Mo Farahs race shorter :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ah good lordie , now i know why i don't like Saturday nights :(

On the other hand , it 'll make the waiting time between it and Mo Farahs race shorter :pac:
    He's running at 1:30am I checked earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Why is it on so late tonight?!

He's running at 1:30am I checked earlier!

I know :pac: At least when I'm still up after watching CBB I won't mind staying up for the race then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I know:mad::mad: I was getting all set up...even held off having a glass of wine at dinner so that I could savour the first one with my BB friends. I'll be on bottle no 2 by 10.30:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Football.

jluv wrote: »
    I know:mad::mad: I was getting all set up...even held off having a glass of wine at dinner so that I could savour the first one with my BB friends. I'll be on bottle no 2 by 10.30:P

Shall expect lots of funny posts so :D

Enjoy the wine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Every Saturday c5 show the football highlights :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Die Hard greatest movie ever made. CBB loses tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Saturday nights in are going to be so boring when we have no BB/CBB to entertain us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

As I said previously, I don't hate Bear I hate the character he's portraying. I'm am so B O R E D of him. Oh look he spilled the coffee, ha ha. Or oh no he's dropped some eggs, hilarious - not. I refuse to believe that all the others are boring because we haven't seen anything from them.

Aubrey, who lives in the House 24 hours a day, has said that both James and Ricky are boring individuals .......... she has also stated, along with Renee, that the House would be dull as f*ck without Bear .......... this is coming from somebody who is/was friendly with both Ricky & James and she has had her issues with Bear, she should know better than anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I know :pac: At least when I'm still up after watching CBB I won't mind staying up for the race then :D

Don't forget Conor at 5am, you might as well do an all-nighter!

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Don't forget Conor at 5am, you might as well do an all-nighter!

Oh am seriously considering it ,normally watch him fighting ,plenty of coffee and toast to keep me awake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm bored here. I need entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

musicmania wrote: »
    Saturday nights in are going to be so boring when we have no BB/CBB to entertain us!

Hoping X Factor will be decent this year. Didnt enjoy last year but hoping with Dermot,Louis and Co back it might be decent this year..
    Or maybe I might get a life:D

Hoping X Factor will be decent this year. Didnt enjoy last year but hoping with Dermot,Louis and Co back it might be decent this year..

How bad a Saturday is it when we're in the CBB thread and we're talking about X-Factor, The Olympics, Conor McGregor and Mo Farah :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Not an X Factor fan so TV3 will be avoided once CBB is over, until Christmas, or maybe New Year and next series of CBB :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ha, Lewis was convinced he was safe!! Never contemplated he may exit!! Hilarious! Desperate to win!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement