Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leapcard issues December 1st anyone?

Options
  • 01-12-2015 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello,

I topped up my leap card as follows:

November 19th - Monthly point to point irish rail for December
    November 26th - Monthly point to point irish rail for January 2016 - there was a deadline to top up for January

I arrive in Heuston this morning at 6:30am. No exit through the barried - purchase needed on my leapcard it states.

Rang Leapcard and they state that taxsaver haven't topped up for December. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue today? I intend to ring Taxsaver at 9am to discuss but just in case I get the 'well nobody else has a problem' line.

Regards,
    Midlandsbased

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Have you used it on Irish rail the last few days to collect it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 midlandsbased

Have you used it on Irish rail the last few days to collect it?

Hi there.. Yes.. I am a commuter so I use the ticket every working day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I had a similar issue with my monthly tax saver Dublin Bus ticket during the summer. It took them a full week to activate the top up for me and in the meantime I had to pay with a regular leap card. The kicker... I still had to pay the full monthly fare so it actually ended up more expensive than the regular fare. It's a great facility but when something goes wrong it's a joke to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Is it anything to do with the new increases in fare prices from today?

Thanks for that. There is no financial incentive for me to use this so it's even more annoying.

• Advertisement

Is it anything to do with the new increases in fare prices from today?

Maybe.. January top up is there but that could have caused their issue but I would expect the problem to be more widespread then.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I topped up my leap card as follows:

November 19th - Monthly point to point irish rail for December
    November 26th - Monthly point to point irish rail for January 2016 - there was a deadline to top up for January
    Just checking the language. Did you (a) buy a ticket? (b) load the ticket onto your card or (c) top-up with cash?

Mere buying of the ticket does not load it on to the card - you need to load the ticket at a ticket machine or validator.
    I arrive in Heuston this morning at 6:30am. No exit through the barried - purchase needed on my leapcard it states.
    did you tag-on before you boarded the train?

Victor wrote: »
    Just checking the language. di you (a) buy a ticket? (b) load the ticket onto your card or (c) top-up with cash?

Mere buying of the ticket does not load it on to the card - you need to load the ticket at a ticket machine or validator.
    did you tag-on before you boarded the train?

There is no tag on on most commuter train stations.. The issue is my card is topped up for December and not for November. I've used this card since January 2015 so this looks like a screw up on taxsaver side.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jathclare

I think you need to bring it to a Payzone agent and get a balance check, which should activate the new validation period.

I have the same issue and thats what I have been told to do....

jathclare wrote: »
    I think you need to bring it to a Payzone agent and get a balance check, which should activate the new validation period.

I have the same issue and thats what I have been told to do....

No I don't. This is a commuter rail ticket! I rang taxsaver and requested a refund for the month.

Thanks for the replies but I have been using my leap card for committee trips for two years so I do know the process and I know when taxsaver have screwed up. In this case they have screwed up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hi there.. Yes.. I am a commuter so I use the ticket every working day.

Have you spoken with your HR to make sure there's been no issue with them doing the order?

It's odd that this is impacting you yourself by the sounds of it. Anyone else in your job had an issue with Irish Rail taxsavers?

Have you spoken with your HR to make sure there's been no issue with them doing the order?

It's odd that this is impacting you yourself by the sounds of it. Anyone else in your job had an issue with Irish Rail taxsavers?

I'm self employed. There was no issue with the order. I made it. Taxsaver confirmed it. Taxsaver have it on my company login screen. Taxsaver took the money. Taxsaver didn't provide the service they charged me for. Taxsaver have been requested to give me a refund as I'm not prepared to wait a week for them to get their act together and I pay for my commute in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Tow

I'm self employed.

Self employed do not qualify for tax saver tickets.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Tow wrote: »
    Self employed do not qualify for tax saver tickets.
    You are incorrect. I am self employed and pay via the paye system. I am not a sole trader and according to my accountant I qualify. But thanks for responding with a very relevant reply to my query.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jathclare

Same here, tax saver commuter rail card. Working now, that sorted it.

jathclare wrote: »
    Same here, tax saver commuter rail card. Working now, that sorted it.

Hi, did they sort it out over the phone for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I had a similar issue with my monthly tax saver Dublin Bus ticket during the summer. It took them a full week to activate the top up for me and in the meantime I had to pay with a regular leap card. The kicker... I still had to pay the full monthly fare so it actually ended up more expensive than the regular fare. It's a great facility but when something goes wrong it's a joke to deal with.
    Demand a refund of all the cash fares paid.

Victor wrote: »
    Demand a refund of all the cash fares paid.

I've asked for a refund for my monthly ticket which I bought online and in the meantime I purchased my own monthly ticket at the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

You are incorrect. I am self employed and pay via the paye system. I am not a sole trader and according to my accountant I qualify. But thanks for responding with a very relevant reply to my query.

Legally, therefore, you are employed by your company not self employed.

I wonder why the self employed are excluded from this scheme.

Tarabuses wrote: »
    Legally, therefore, you are employed by your company not self employed.

I wonder why the self employed are excluded from this scheme.

Hi tarabuses, that is correct. I am employed by the company. As to why self employed are excluded I'm not sure. But then again self employed people could expense the travel (taking into account existing revenue guidelines on travel and subs) but that's another conversation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

Just by the by....I tried to validate my taxsaver leap card yesterday. I had changed from monthly to annual (kicking in from December) and needed to go to an agent to get it updated.

Anyway it didn't go through and the guys in the shop advised me I was the third person that day who had tried to do this and none of the scans had worked.

I went to another shop today and it worked ok.

I can't help but feel this may be something to do with the increased fares?

Advertisement