Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan [Activision/Platinum Games]

Options
  • 01-12-2015 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭

It looks like TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan has been outed by some ratings boards. Coming from Activision and Platinum Games, the game will be coming to PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.

CVGG2orXIAA-pZ4.png

Another Transformers Devastation in the making?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Turtles....Platinum....attention captured

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

7th gen console release would get me excited because it means the game is more likely to be good because it's not just more 8th gen fodder (even though I'd get it on PC in the end) but it's probably just to offer it on platforms that kids have. Which is no surprise it is TMNT but yeah... gameplay might not be as good as it could so kids can play. Suppose it can't be any more kid-friendly than batman games, though... and it is Platinum we're talking about here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Legend of Korra and Transformers: Devastation should give us a good idea of what to expect with this one I reckon.

Here's hoping they go with an 80s cartoon aesthetic rather than one based on the latest Nickelodeon one though. Dito for the gameplay speed, the further they get from Out of the Shadows the better really. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

oh man, I hope this pattern keeps up, imagine He-man or Thundercats! or M.A.S.K. or Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'd love an original Power Rangers version.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 CodeNameEagle

The latest TMNT movie was horrible. Im sure the game wont be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the current tmnt animated series is actually excellent. It strikes the perfect balance between the humour of the 80's version and the action of the 2003 version.

also everything the movie gets horribly wrong the series gets right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That crap Game awards show is on tonight. Hope for a trailer & the old cartoon series look from this. Their main audience is likely man children reliving their youth :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    the current tmnt animated series is actually excellent. It strikes the perfect balance between the humour of the 80's version and the action of the 2003 version.

also everything the movie gets horribly wrong the series gets right.

I wasnt expecting much when the 1st trailers came out but it really is brilliant. The strange animation works really well too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Sieghardt wrote: »
    oh man, I hope this pattern keeps up, imagine He-man or Thundercats! or M.A.S.K. or Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors

Just give me an 80's animation beat em up in the vain of Smash Brothers and I'll be happy ....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sieghardt wrote: »

M.A.S.K or Dino-Riders would be 2 games I would love to see now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Is devastation at good? Reviews didn't seem great!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Is devastation at good? Reviews didn't seem great!

It's pretty damn good. it plays like Bayonetta mostly but not quite as deep, but with multiple playable characters to make up for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

These games don't deserve to be full price though. They are very repetitive with little story.
    You say it 'plays' like Bayonetta but not quite as deep.
    That's just gameplay.

There is little to no real story, the levels aren't different in any way, it's the same stuff over and over,

Transformers Fall of Cybertron was great.

https://twitter.com/platinumgames/status/691636714272485379

Nice to see they have a sense of humour at least :D

GIVE.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks really good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd take this platinum developed game over those earlier transformer games any day. I don't get the love for those games, they are competent but mediocre shooters and I had a hell of a lot more fun with Devastation than with any of them

6 hours is the perfect length for me, too many games are way over bloated with game play that is great for about 6 hours stretched thin over too much content. With Platinum games I'm willing to go back and play them at higher difficulty levels since it really changes up how the game is played meaning I spend more time on them than the 6 hour campaign would seem to suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Activision earning a few cool points for these Platinum collaborations.

• Advertisement

Gameplay footage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Load of youtubers/game sites running through that section of the game today.

Out today digitally and a physical release on friday.

Early word it's that it's short, repetitive and lacks content. Thats from some who got the game early, no official reviews up yet that I could see.

Sounds bad, no reviews yet but DF did this video.

5:15 in the video, he refers to it as a 3 hour game :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

How disappointing :(:(

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

In all fairness, it's not being priced the same as a AAA release at 50+, it's coming in at 29.99 on Steam. If it's short, but plays well, that's good enough for me.

Advertisement