Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheat flour

Options
  • 01-12-2015 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Really sorry if there is a thread already about this but I have been gifted a bread machine and wanted to try my hand at it. I'm struggling to find wheat flour which is in nearly ever receipe. I have tried aldi ,Tesco ,nature's way and another health shop with no success. Can Someone tell me where I could source it? I'm In cork if that makes any difference

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The standard flour you get in supermarkets is made from wheat - for example Odlums, Tesco own brand etc. It sounds as though it's described as wheat flour in your bread machine recipe book, as opposed to spelt or rye or wholemeal.
    For your bread machine you need strong white flour, whatever brand you buy. Or strong wholemeal for brown breads. Self raising or others won't work with yeast.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

The standard flour you get in supermarkets is made from wheat - for example Odlums, Tesco own brand etc. It sounds as though it's described as wheat flour in your bread machine recipe book, as opposed to spelt or rye or wholemeal.
    For your bread machine you need strong white flour, whatever brand you buy. Or strong wholemeal for brown breads. Self raising or others won't work with yeast.

Oh thank you sooo much! Iv loads of flour at home I just wasn't sure! The bread machine is saying wheat flour German brand. So maybe it's just flour. Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Some flours will only say "wheat flour" in the ingredients listing or in small print somewhere. As said if it just says "flour"you can presume is wheat, just like if a carton says "milk" you can presume it's from a cow, if it was goats milk or rye flour it would be made clear.

here is odlums
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=250830769

Ingredients

Wheat Flour

Advertisement