Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Does anyone know have they decided to pull the one day tickets? Went for the full festival last year but was only planning on 1 day this year 😡

Thought I saw on Facebook stating that day tickets would go on release may and also they will announce what acts are on that day

• Registered Users Posts: 20 czar

Walking on Cars announced today as Special Guest Headliners for #INDIE16

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

czar wrote: »
    Walking on Cars announced today as Special Guest Headliners for #INDIE16

I remember seeing that at it three years ago at the Beer Hall, it was great and they loved it! Not surprised to see them coming back again and again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

€50 upgrade tickets go on sale this Friday. It's not festihuts but some sort of "VIP" camping area with better jacks, showers and extra bar etc.

Anyone ever use it before that can share any opinions on it?

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    €50 upgrade tickets go on sale this Friday. It's not festihuts but some sort of "VIP" camping area with better jacks, showers and extra bar etc.

Anyone ever use it before that can share any opinions on it?

It's a brand new addition to Indiependence so you'll just have to take their word for what it's gonna be like..

I'm definitely opting for this, even to have somewhere to charge my phone all weekend is worth 50 quid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can you get 3 day non camping tickets for this? If possible I'd get them. Only a 10 minute drive away so wouldn't mind going to-and-from daily to save a few bob.

I think the lineup is very good for the price.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Can you get 3 day non camping tickets for this? If possible I'd get them. Only a 10 minute drive away so wouldn't mind going to-and-from daily to save a few bob.

I think the lineup is very good for the price.

No I don't think you can, but just to be sure tweet Indiependence and ask them, they're pretty good for responding.

But to be fair 120 for a weekend - camping or non camping - is pretty good, 40 a day is better than most festivals!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Fair play to indie to line up the day tickets this fast. Sunday it is. Pity about Idlewild on the Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Bex91

Hey

Does anyone know of any buses going from Cork to Indiependence and back again on the Saturday?

Any info greatly appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭PressRun

I hear the toilets are quite bad at this? Any truth to that claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

PressRun wrote: »

I can imagine its just the same as any festival really, there will be good and bad toilets, bring wet wipes and hand cleaning fluid and you will be grand.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭PressRun

I was at Castlepalooza last year and actually thought the toilets there were grand. I always bring toilet paper anyway, but I just heard from some other people that the Indiependence ones were pretty bad. I can live with it, tbh, just wondering more than anything.

PressRun wrote: »

This was taken at Indiependence 2013.

Tbh though it was more funny than disgusting :o

Toilets really aren't bad there, i'd say it's just the main campsite that are the worst..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Has the day by day line up been announced yet?
    not too shabby a line up in fairness
    Are there buses running regularly from cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Heading to this from Galway for the Saturday only. Just wondering is there many places close by with accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

You'd have to check airbnb or bnbs in general for mitchelstown. Wouldn't be too much available I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

When can we expect timetables to be out?

I'm not sure whether it's worth taking a half day on the Friday or not. If I don't I'd be there for about 19:00, still needing to set all my stuff up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Mushy wrote: »
    You'd have to check airbnb or bnbs in general for mitchelstown. Wouldn't be too much available I'd say.

Thanks! We got sorted in the end. Went for a bnb about 30 minutes from the venue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

mimimcmc wrote: »
    This was taken at Indiependence 2013.

Tbh though it was more funny than disgusting :o

Toilets really aren't bad there, i'd say it's just the main campsite that are the worst..

Why did I click that :(

Stage times announced for next weekend

13738347_10153830218076545_502046981472245356_o.jpg

Site Map

13765902_10153830218011545_195793818966129830_o.jpg

This is my first year going to Indiependence - Is the main stage a marquee? The site map seems to suggest so but I always though Indie was an outdoor main stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

lc180 wrote: »
    This is my first year going to Indiependence - Is the main stage a marquee? The site map seems to suggest so but I always though Indie was an outdoor main stage.

They added a marquee about 3/4 years ago because the festival kept getting rained out of it. This way, you only get wet walking around and not at the bars or stages - solid idea IMO!!

They added a marquee about 3/4 years ago because the festival kept getting rained out of it. This way, you only get wet walking around and not at the bars or stages - solid idea IMO!!

I'm all in favour of marquees, delighted to hear this!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lightning Jack

Anyone have any 3 day tickets for sale or know of anyone with them for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Looking forward to the weekend! :D

Can anyone recommend the best campsite? Is there much of a walk from the parking to the campsite? And how strict are they on the drink restrictions?!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Moollerice

It's a long shot but if anyone does have a spare weekend or Saturday ticket you would be doing me a massive favour if you wanted to sell it. Far more popular this year than I expected it to be! Procrastination is an awful thing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Have to admit I'm quite annoyed with the Kooks/Blizzards clashing.

Advertisement