Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence 2016

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Are you given a wristband or something along those lines as "ID" for the campsites?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Corkgal123

What's the ID situation like is it strict ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Looking forward to the weekend! :D

Can anyone recommend the best campsite? Is there much of a walk from the parking to the campsite? And how strict are they on the drink restrictions?!

Try for A or B, avoid D at all costs (if you're there any bit early they'll try to put you down to D but just ignore them). Last year anyway D got the most footfall and because of the rain it was absolutely rotten by Saturday.

The drink restriction is 24 cans or a litre of spirits (or half and half). They flip flop on this every year. Some years you could bring it that much every day, other years they've cut the ends of people's wristbands to signify that their drink limit was reached. This year and last year they've adopted the 'common sense approach' slogan where if you ask can you bring in more the second day, that's the only answer they'll tell you!

If you don't get cut on the Friday, tell them on the Saturday that it's your first time entering all weekend and they'll be grand.
    Flecktarn wrote:
    Are you given a wristband or something along those lines as "ID" for the campsites?

Yeah there's different wristbands for camping and non-camping that are mostly checked on the way in to the campsite.
    Corkgal123 wrote:

You will be asked for one. After that it's up to the individual security person. Pro tip - avoid the female ones, they're notoriously tough. There will still be a lot of underagers in there though unfortunately, there always is.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭slievenamon fella

Demand for tickets seems to have sky rocketed this year even with the larger amount of them available...me and a group of friends around 40ish maybe got tickets last year a day or two before but over half of them are finding it extremely hard to get any this year! Think they will have their lesson learnt for next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tragic and blonde

Does anyone know of any secure place in the town where we could leave a car overnight? I have a Friday day ticket and just found out that there's no car park access for us, despite being told otherwise by emails with Indiependence. Was hoping to be able to sleep in the car as we have no access to the campsite either.

• Advertisement

You see I'm 17 and won't be 18 till August 8 .All the friends I'm going with are 18 .Im not a trouble maker and I definitely look 18 I have 3 forms of ID that's I've never had refused anywhere before and there not fake so do you think I will be okay ?

Does anyone know of any secure place in the town where we could leave a car overnight? I have a Friday day ticket and just found out that there's no car park access for us, despite being told otherwise by emails with Indiependence. Was hoping to be able to sleep in the car as we have no access to the campsite either.
    Honestly Id
    say your better off to leave it in the town square there are street lamps there and it's very public I wouldn't chance leaving it in a carpark like tescl or lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lucoda1225

Looking to buy a weekend camping ticket. Am based in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

For anyone who's been to previous years, what's the story with the bars? The music doesn't stop until 2.30, are bars open late or can you just bring in cans after they close?

Also.... ridiculous question but I'm gonna ask it .... festival campsite showers - I've no idea what to expect? What's the setup like?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's 3 days you don't need to shower.
    Corkgal123 wrote: »
    You see I'm 17 and won't be 18 till August 8 .All the friends I'm going with are 18 .Im not a trouble maker and I definitely look 18 I have 3 forms of ID that's I've never had refused anywhere before and there not fake so do you think I will be okay ?

Do the 3 IDs say you're 18? If so you should be ok. Don't produce your ID unless they ask you for it. If you walk up to them with your ID out in front before they've even asked it looks suspicious.

• Advertisement

They said on twitter that the Gardai Age Card and Passport are the preferred ID's. Driving licence seems to be a no no, which sound kinda strange to me.

Honestly think you'll be fine, just go in the middle of your friend group. There's so many people they have to get in, I went underage twice and was fine.

However, friend of mine got kicked out half an hour after getting in because he was drinking openly in the campsite and got asked for ID. Just be vigilant during the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Whats the weather like down there today.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Whats the weather like down there today.

It's top notch, very cloud but no rain thankfully. Was a little shower this morning but no mud. I am possibly the old person here, very young festival

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

lc180 wrote: »
    very young festival

Its been like that ever since it started.

Ash and Editors tomorrow night is epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

lc180 wrote: »
    It's top notch, very cloud but no rain thankfully. Was a little shower this morning but no mud. I am possibly the old person here, very young festival

Going back a few years there used to be more older people and less dubs.

Grand festival, but I doubt I'll go back they have gotten too strict on the drink, enforcing a limit of only 24 cans per person - in the hope you'll buy their drink. They stopped allowing people bring drink in altogether today...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭PressRun

Yeah, I thought it was only alright. Music started too late in the day and the variety of artists was poor, imo. The drink rules were too strict too and way too many rat arsed teenagers for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

I really enjoyed the whole thing. The vip tickets were well worth the extra. The indie garden was a great spot. Quite a lot of generic bands on the main stages but some really talented bands on smaller stages. The beer hall was really good with a great atmosphere.

At nearly 40 years of age I did feel old but the crowed at the Frank and walters made me feel comfortable. Some great djs at the beer tents later on.

One thing I really didn't like was the drink rules. I got a few cans in through security into the main arena each day which saved me about 50 euro I reckon.

7 out of 10 for me. I would return.

PressRun wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought it was only alright. Music started too late in the day and the variety of artists was poor, imo. The drink rules were too strict too and way too many rat arsed teenagers for me.

I thought security was incredibly lax compared to previous years. I didn't get patted down or have a bag search any of the days and I brought in bottles of vodka and cans every day, no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

There was a vey large amount of young, unlikely over 18 year olds, off their faces on drugs. Also more than the odd arseh0le camper who would pitch their tent on top of yours. The pints of Molson Canadian that they were serving had to be watered down, definitely not the normal stuff they serve. I thought the bands were very good and the food was top notch, one of my favourite things about it! Would be more of a 6/10 from me.
    The bands would have to be very good for me to consider going back again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Bmoorsie

Hi I'm in same predictam as you with parking....I'm going on Sunday this year and looking fir safe place to leave car....how did you get on??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Bmoorsie wrote: »
    Hi I'm in same predictam as you with parking....I'm going on Sunday this year and looking fir safe place to leave car....how did you get on??

Park in Mitchelstown?

Advertisement