Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband & landline options in Bray

• 01-12-2015 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

We're moving house in Bray and looking at broadband and landline options. We're currently with UPC/Virgin but we don't need the monthly tv service in the new house so it's not such a good deal for us when we move. Ima!ne have a great deal on at the moment but does anyone know what the service is like in Bray? TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I've only heard bad things about Imagine.

I'm with UPC/Virgin and I would stick with them if I were you.

There speeds won't be beaten. You don't have to take TV with them

I hate their TV service but I have a bundle for phone and broadband without TV and am very happy with it. 245mb Broadband with phone. No other provider can get near those speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭g0g

Keep in mind also that not everywhere in Bray is hooked up yet for decent speeds. Worth askig neighbours what's possible.

For example I'm a very short walk away from the Main Street, but:
    1) I have no access to UPC/Virgin digital service despite the houses across the road from me having it. All I have is the basic old cable.
    2) I use eir for Phone/Broadband, but despite their claiming that Bray is all eFibre enabled, I'm not! I still get 10+ mb/s, but it's nothing like the 50, 100 etc I read about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

g0g wrote: »
    Keep in mind also that not everywhere in Bray is hooked up yet for decent speeds. Worth askig neighbours what's possible.

For example I'm a very short walk away from the Main Street, but:
    1) I have no access to UPC/Virgin digital service despite the houses across the road from me having it. All I have is the basic old cable.
    2) I use eir for Phone/Broadband, but despite their claiming that Bray is all eFibre enabled, I'm not! I still get 10+ mb/s, but it's nothing like the 50, 100 etc I read about!

Fair enough, do remember though the fastest speeds are available through ethernet cable rather than wifi.

I have my laptop connected via a cable and I do get 240mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭g0g

murpho999 wrote: »
    Fair enough, do remember though the fastest speeds are available through ethernet cable rather than wifi.

I have my laptop connected via a cable and I do get 240mb.
    Thanks yeah I get that.
    UPC/Virgin simply don't have the right technology to my side of the road for any BB offering and eir (and previously Eircom) have confirmed that my local exchange hasn't been upgraded, although they're saying it'll be done within a couple of months for the past nearly 3 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Good points thanks, we only get around 30mb/s at the moment with Virgin and pay a fortune for it, though the bundle includes tv. Will check again what package is like without it. Thanks for above feedback.

• Advertisement
Advertisement