Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Account

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I still don't understand how to do those daily or other things to get coins. Yes, i am that useless.

Do I need to get that app on phone to do them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You install Miitomo
    Every day, you log in and answer 3 questions (don't re-use answers if the question repeats!)
    THEN you either take off your trousers or put them back on. In the game, perv!
    Doing the questions doesn't always trigger the reward on it's own, but the clothes change reliably triggers the reward and that triggers the Questions reward if you've already earned it.
    10 points, in the bag.
    Also, by logging in every day you'll get Miitomo money, which is a 4th currency to worry about, the you can buy goes of the bizarre mii drop game to try and win a 2nd pair of trousers so you don't spend every 2nd day standing around in your undies being interrogated and stroked by a disembodied hand, which is pretty disturbing to watch.

You can earn the My.Nintendo weekly reward by just checking the site once a week and looking for a coin at the top of the screen that's flopping around like an asphyxiating goldfish.
    The eShop weekly reward requires that you access the eshop from a 3DS or WiiU using the same NNID, then check the site. They're 30ish points a piece I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

original.jpg

There's some platinum points to be earned, 60 in total through My Nintendo.

https://my.nintendo.com/missions

Edit: There's 70 in fact. There's a hidden mission worth 10 points. Found it by accident. Have a search first. If you're still stuck, I'll tell you where they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

sligeach wrote: »
    Edit: There's 70 in fact. There's a hidden mission worth 10 points. Found it by accident. Have a search first. If you're still stuck, I'll tell you where they are.

Had to go back looking, just found it! :pac:

The z icon... It vexes me. I am very vexed. The hidden one I found by accident.

The pixel Link T-shirt, Link wig and Link's new hairdo wig are all available now on Miitomo. And there's 2 new Miitomo drop themes available. Both based on Zelda. I finally have a reason to play Miitomo drop now.

Banjo wrote: »

It's the most well hidden one!

Woohoo! I won the blue Link costume from BOTW and it only took 4 tickets. Nice one.

Edit: And somehow fluked my way to the green tunic in the other game in just 2 tickets.

First time I've had any clothes other than the one's we started in.

Did you find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Do coins/points carry over to next month

• Advertisement

Yes they do. Not seen anything to suggest they expire, but wouldn't be surprised to start seeing warnings in a years time...

There's a rake of My Nintendo rewards expiring tomorrow. Hopefully they'll replace them with better rewards. :rolleyes: (I wouldn't hold my breathe)

Come on you bastards. 1000 platinum coins to turn on cross platform virtual console and free eshop downloads for games I registered stars for. I've been playing this bull**** data mine for months. Payback time! DO IT!

There's new rewards up just this very minute. Nothing great, I see Pilotwings discounts, a DKC: TF discount and a Puzzle Dragons discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

It should be your Mii. Did you link accounts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

No love for 3ds on the new myrewards, no new free game there

Why is there hardly any software downloads? All the same from last month and ones a ds theme

• Advertisement

Miitomo has a load of Metroid related costumes.

https://miitomo.com/en-gb/collaboration/160819_metroid/

It cost me over 60 tickets to finally complete the colour coordinated Samus armour suits(the helmets were impossible to get). And I'm only realising there's a second Metroid Miitomo Drop game. I only want the Metroid from the second game.
    p2HPvENr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Some new rewards. 15% off Mario Kart 8, free Zelda add on for Mario Kart, 30% off Mario Galaxy for Wii U.

15% off Mario and Luigi dream team on 3ds.

Gold star expiry date extended from 6 months to a year.

Pretty poor rewards update. MK8 has a 60% attach rate on Wii U. Then there's the console bundles, most of what sells already have the game preloaded. And even when the 15% discount is subtracted from Nintendo's bloated €60 eShop price it's still more expensive than buying a physical copy.

They need something more substantial like maybe every 10 gold coins converts to a €1 eShop voucher and every 1,000 platinum coins likewise converts to a €1 eShop voucher. And bring back physical rewards please.

Not a day goes by when I don't put my cup of coffee on my question mark block coaster and say "ba-bing!"
    I pity the kids who've only ever known this cold digital reward scheme.

(Although I got a Metroid helmet on my first go of the drop game. I was aiming for the suit....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Wow. I didn't think it could be worse than the last ones.

My Nintendo now shows expiring points over the next three months

All My Nintendo points have an expiration date. With Platinum Points, they’re valid six months after you collect them. Gold Points stick around a little longer at 12 months.

Now that we’re nearly six months into My Nintendo, points you’ve accumulated may be on the way out. And thankfully, the service now shows when that’ll be happening. If you visit this page, you’ll be able to see how many Regular Platinum Points, Miitomo Platinum Points, and Gold Points are expiring over the next three months. Currently, that’s September, October, and November. My Nintendo should update at the end of the month to show things for December.

http://nintendoeverything.com/my-nintendo-now-shows-expiring-points-over-the-next-three-months/

https://my.nintendo.com/point/history

This is terrible. I've a tonne of points expiring in the next 3 months and there's still nothing of interest to buy.
    CsEqJsZW8AAaXvS.jpg:small

That's over 2,000 points. :( To say My Nintendo has been a major disappointment would be an understatement.

• Advertisement

Whats the point in them getting rid of them? Were people some how giving accounts to other people so they could get free themes or something and nintendo thought they better shut that down?

I know it's short notice but some of the platinum points are due to expire now. I guess they're going off North American time because they haven't expired yet but they will so act fast. I imagine there's only about 7 hours left by PST.

Remember to click on the link below to check expiring points.

https://my.nintendo.com/point/history

With the start of a new month comes new My Nintendo rewards and are now live in Europe.

Platinum Points (until January 1, 2017)

HydroVenture: Spin Cycle (3DS) – 20% off, 200 Platinum Points

HarmoKnight (3DS) – 20% off, 250 Platinum Points

The Denpa Men: They Came by the Wave (3DS) – 30% off, 200 Platinum Points

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (3DS) – 15% off, 250 Platinum Points

Gold Points (until January 1, 2017)

Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS) – 30% off, 70 Gold Points

Bayonetta (Wii U) – 30% off, 50 Gold Points

NES Remix 2 (Wii U) – 30% off, 20 Gold Points

https://my.nintendo.com/rewards

As always the rewards more heavily favour 3DS owners.

Edit: The Wii U rewards are a complete cod. I shouldn't have to explain why but if you need an explanation just ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Edit: The Wii U rewards are a complete cod. I shouldn't have to explain why but if you need an explanation just ask.

Why is that? Is 30% off Bayonetta not alright?

Why is that? Is 30% off Bayonetta not alright?

If you own Bayonetta 2 digitally then buying Bayonetta costs €10. So you'd be getting €3 off for 50 gold coins. That's awful.

Even if you don't own the second game digitally and buy it at the regular price, then that's €9 off €30. You can buy the twin pack Collector's Edition off Ebay for about that price. Admittedly that price is secondhand but that shouldn't matter and there's benefits to buying it physically. If you've been a Wii U owner for some time then you'd already own this game and there were far better deals from Argos and Amazon that sold the Collector's Edition for under €30.

• Advertisement

If you've been a Wii U owner for some time then you'd already own this game and there were far better deals from Argos and Amazon that sold the Collector's Edition for under €30.

Fair enough.

I am a very late Wii U adopter, so I have like 2 games and no knowledge of past excellent deals I missed out on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just happened to spot my Platinum points are expiring at the end of the month (only logged onto my account since I got an offer to buy Super Mario Maker for €27.99 .. which apparently is cheap?!?).

I spotted Super Mario Galaxy for 350 Platinum points and thought "Oh excellent I'll get Super Mario Galaxy for free by cashing in my Platinum points..." then saw it's just a 30% discount you get but still have to spend cash getting the game.

Do you ever actually get free games with your Platinum/Gold points?!?!

I recall getting F-Zero on Virtual Console for free using the old points system when I got my Wii U first. Has this gone now?

They had a couple of games early on - LoZ-themed Picross and the DS WarioWare I think.
    But since then it's discounts and themes.

When the Wii U virtual console first launched they ran a game for 10c every week for 6 weeks or so, F-Zero was one of those? Or maybe you cashed in a bunch of Club Stars for a VC release when the club closed?

maybe you cashed in a bunch of Club Stars for a VC release when the club closed?

Yeah that sounds like it. So there won't be any more free games given away with the Club Stars replacement?

never say never, but they may only roll them out for special occasions - christmas or Switch Launch maybe?

These My Nintendo "rewards" are the absolute pits. The latest update has been like a moth to the flames in the forums with people venting their anger. I lost close to 1,000 platinum coins that expired last night. They're not rewards, they're discount codes for you to spend yet more money. And very often it's still more expensive than buying the game physically.

*Ahem* Free Jibanyan theme!
    (well, not free but it's better than letting the points expire. Unless you really hate Jibanyan, and to be honest you're on pretty solid ground if you do.)

I don't believe I ever successfully opened Miitomo on my crappy phone.

If the buzz is to be believe, I'm not missing anything.

I don't believe I ever successfully opened Miitomo on my crappy phone.

If the buzz is to be believe, I'm not missing anything.

You're not. I only use it to earn My Nintendo points, otherwise I've no interest in it. And those points expire with nothing of interest or worthwhile for me to spend them on. It's a vicious circle of nothingness. I really should stop using it but it'd be just my luck that if I did they'd finally put up some good My Nintendo rewards.

• Advertisement

log into Miiverse and the Shop once a week each, 60 points. should keep you ticking over.

The only good deal I've had on the Nintendo Account was a birthday offer for Super Mario Maker for €27.99 that I got last week, and decided to go for it.

Cheapest price it's ever been as far as I can see.

I got F-Zero Maximum Velocity for free using the old Club Nintendo points after buying a WiiU and registering it, along with some games I got for free, but I don't think we'll see the like of that again.

*grabs a box of Member Berries*

The Miitomo "big update" is likely to be live after the maintenance on Wednesday night into Thursday morning.
    CwpvoBuXcAEG07N.jpg:small

CwpvjVHWQAAOxu2.jpg:small

Miitomo’s big update version 2.0.1 is now live. Although it's currently down as it's undergoing maintenance. It should be finished at 5AM.

Here's a summary of the update:

- Send a message with a Mii!
    You can exchange messages with your friends using Mii characters as messengers. Be sure to choose an expression that matches the message!

- Customize your room to perfection!
    Unleash your inner designer with wallpaper and flooring styles up for grabs through Miitomo Drop. You can even make in-app posters out of images saved on your device!

- Strut your stuff in Style Central!
    If you’ve ever wanted to show off your stylish outfits to the world, now you can! Miitomo users all over the world will be able to admire and give hearts to your creations, and you can even get your favorites!

- Satisfy your curiosity with Answer Central.
    Answer global questions and see answers from all over the world! See how many hearts and comments you can get on your answers!

- Have fun making Sidekick Mii characters!
    Create new Mii characters that look like anyone, from fictional characters to anyone in the whole wide world. Decorate their rooms, show off their sharp fashion sense in Style Central, and send them as messengers to your friends!

Is that a good update?

I still haven't ever actually played it...

I don't know if it's good. Probably better than what it was. I haven't had time to look at it fully and it's more of a routine to me than enjoyable.

Anyway, 3 new daily missions have been added.
    Cw3gwHxVEAAnYeA.jpg:small

I was still greeted with "By the way, I had my photo taken recently.............................................................................
    .........................................................................................
    .........................................................................................
    .........................................."

So that's not good in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭Nollog

The room customisatin is nice.

Messaging is kinda poop. You go away with the message and they get it if they're online. After however long your mii comes back saying they weren't there I'll try later and they get the message whenever. It seems fairly instant and handles people being offline fairly well.

You can add other mii's into more rooms and decorate them and such. I have my gf dressed as a mail person doing my messay delivery :pac:

I don't think I'll be using it much after I get the fire mario hat but it got me back in for a day anyway.

Nintendo has issued the next big update for Miitomo. Version 2.2.0 is live on both iOS and Android, taking up 83.6 MB.

To recap what’s new:

• A “Miifoto Log” feature, where you can post Miifotos or images from your device with comments.
    • Answers can now have images attached.
    • You can write a Bio for your Profile.
    • When sending a friend request, you can now attach a message.
    • You can now use the wallpaper and flooring you receive as backgrounds in Miifotos.
    • You can change the outfit your Mii character wears when delivering a message.
    • Daily items now have selectable color variations.
    • Other various system improvements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Nintendo Account website got a bit of a Facelift today.

https://accounts.nintendo.com/
    You can now change the language of the Nintendo Account website without having to change your country of residence in the settings

Parental Controls: create an account with restricted features for a child, such as a spending limit and age-based purchase restrictions on the eShop

Account Activity: See a list of purchases associated with your account. If you linked your NNID with your Nintendo Account, your digital 3DS and Wii U games will show up here.

Friend Suggestions: This feature lets you connect with friends across multiple Nintendo Account linked services by providing friend recommendations in one service based on your existing friends in another service. This currently only works with Nintendo’s mobile games, but not with the Wii U and 3DS.

News from: http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-account-website-updated-new-features-added-overview-of-purchases-friend-suggestions-more/

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Account Activity: See a list of purchases associated with your account. If you linked your NNID with your Nintendo Account, your digital 3DS and Wii U games will show up here.

This sounds like a promising step forward, especially with regard to the Switch.

As they're different systems, with different architectures, I anticipate some games may be immediately transferrable (albeit at a small cost perhaps, as we had from Wii - Wii U eshop VC purchases), but I'd expect some porting may need to be carried out for this to work for the majority of games.

Advertisement