Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Account

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hope so! I'll have LTTP, SMW, Super Metroid and a bunch of others on day 1 if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Metroid Prime Trilogy?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Anyone else getting an error when they click on "Account Activity"?

https://ec.nintendo.com/my/transactions

Edit: Nevermind, it's working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I just created a Nintendo account on Friday night, I assume I need to wait til I get a Switch to get a NNID?

They have all our purchase history, now there's no excuse for us not to be able to log in on the Switch and redownload the games there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

sligeach wrote: »
    They have all our purchase history, now there's no excuse for us not to be able to log in on the Switch and redownload the games there.

For Virtual Console, yeah absolutely. Should be able to transfer those directly and easily. For Wii U / 3DS games, that'd take some proper porting efforts, so can't imagine that being easily available or freely available. I hope they put some effort in to enable some of those games to be available though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Those games that are available should be freely installed on hardware owned, using the same account.
    So I should never have to buy Shovel Knight again.

That'd kind of thing would take either effort to port it, or a Wii U/3DS compatibility mode built in... So there may be a small charge to 'upgrade' to the Switch version, to cover this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No, I mean the Shovel Knight they are currently coding for the Switch, I shouldn't have to pay for it as I've paid for it twice already, WiiU and 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Well, I can't see them giving it away for free - especially since the intersection of Wii U, 3DS and Switch owners in the first couple of months will probably completely eclipse the Switch, but it'd be nice to at least have some sort of concession for those of us that own both versions.

Regarding "full purchase history" - yeah, since day one of the Wii U, but where are all those unique Stars codes - only redeemable once and only claimable from an original retail purchase - I registered since my Gamecube days? The ones that show, for example, that I purchased Mariokart and Splatoon?

And since that precludes a fair and even handed way of encouraging upgrading to the Switch edition of hte Wii U reduxes, it suggests they just won't bother, or there will be some "gold coins" bull**** discount in My Nintendo...

On another note - would now be a good time to go through the Wii U VC games on the eShop and see what I haven't yet upgraded from the Wii?

• Advertisement

Nintendo have just updated their Nintendo account ahead of the Switch's launch. Reading through the terms and conditions, it doesn't look like they've any intent to let us share VC games with more than 1 device.

https://accounts.nintendo.com/term/eula/IE?lang=en-US

"Except as otherwise provided, the licence for a Digital Product is tied to your Nintendo Account and allows you to use the Digital Product only on one User Device you have linked to your Nintendo Account and to which the Digital Product has been downloaded. Except as otherwise provided, all users on your linked User Device may use the respective Digital Product."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo have just updated their Nintendo account ahead of the Switch's launch. Reading through the terms and conditions, it doesn't look like they've any intent to let us share VC games with more than 1 device.

https://accounts.nintendo.com/term/eula/IE?lang=en-US

"Except as otherwise provided, the licence for a Digital Product is tied to your Nintendo Account and allows you to use the Digital Product only on one User Device you have linked to your Nintendo Account and to which the Digital Product has been downloaded. Except as otherwise provided, all users on your linked User Device may use the respective Digital Product."

As long as there is a mechanism to unlink, I'm not too concerned.

Question : I signed into Eshop using my Google account that I linked to Nintendo a few weeks ago....

What is my ID or number? or is that a separate thing again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I can't set up my new Nintendo Account. I go through all the process to where they email me the verification code and they email me a 4 digit code and I'm asked to enter a 5 digit verification code. I've done this 3 times now and keep getting a 4 digit code so it's impossible to set up a new account wtf??

I checked my mail from when I set mine up, it was a 4 digit code they sent. Can't remember what happened after that though :(

Banjo wrote: »
    I checked my mail from when I set mine up, it was a 4 digit code they sent. Can't remember what happened after that though :(

The system won't let you enter a 4 digit code, it's 5 or noting so I can't use the e store.:mad::mad:

Serious error on Nintendos part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭geotrig

i think i made a balls of mine somehow ..i must have registered my daughter at one point with her 3ds as thats what i can see but now wiiu :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

Fieldog wrote: »
    Question : I signed into Eshop using my Google account that I linked to Nintendo a few weeks ago....

What is my ID or number? or is that a separate thing again?

It's seperate go to https://accounts.nintendo.com/login_id/edit to see/edit it. You'll need to login.

Worth noting that the user ID is used to log in and nothing more.
    geotrig wrote: »
    i think i made a balls of mine somehow ..i must have registered my daughter at one point with her 3ds as thats what i can see but now wiiu :rolleyes:

You can unlink NNIDs from your Nintendo Account if that's the problem you're having.

https://accounts.nintendo.com/federation

Then link the other nnid. I've never done it but it seems easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭geotrig

oh excellent o/

Still can't sign up for an account because they keep giving me a 4 digit code instead of 5. I give up at this stage, so no e store for me. What a screwed up system.

• Advertisement

Was a 4 digit code for me too, and that worked... Maybe ensure you're not copying and pasting in a space as well as the numbers?

Star Lord wrote: »
    Was a 4 digit code for me too, and that worked... Maybe ensure you're not copying and pasting in a space as well as the numbers?

I get the code in my gmail account and I'm entering it in on the Switch OS. It won't accept anything except 5 digits as the accept box will not highlight unless 5 numbers are entered. It's impossible. It won't let you submit a 4 digit code or anything else except 5.

Set your account up online first - which I thought you had to do regardless, the Switch would not let me set up an account from scratch on the Switch itself. You may be getting the 4 digit code for creating one of the myriad of ID types that you now get on My Nintendo, but the Switch is looking for confirmation of something else. There's at least the Nintendo Account, NNID, User Account name (which might be discrete from the User ID) and a Nickname. The 4 digit code was pushed to me for a Password Reset which I had to do before I could set up an Account Name. I think.

The more I look at this, the more I can't shake that "Unified account system me hole" feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Id say the fact that there is a 4 and a 5 digit account is so you dont try link the wrong thing. Your definitely trying to link the wrong thing.
    I bet your going to realise how stupid you are soon enough;-)

iamtony wrote: »
    Id say the fact that there is a 4 and a 5 digit account is so you dont try link the wrong thing. Your definitely trying to link the wrong thing.
    I bet your going to realise how stupid you are soon enough;-)

Not really, I'm following it step by step exactly what the console is telling me to do and the emails. I've done it about 6 times now, no other way of doing it. Type in email address on switch, click on verification link in mail, press ok on switch and enter code sent in next mail on the only box on the switch screen.

Try it on the website instead to get your account verified, should just be able to sign in on the Switch then.

Thanks for that /\/ollog, I managed to put Fieldog on there through the link you posted... :)

No caps allowed though seemingly so my OCD has gone a bit mental...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Not really, I'm following it step by step exactly what the console is telling me to do and the emails. I've done it about 6 times now, no other way of doing it. Type in email address on switch, click on verification link in mail, press ok on switch and enter code sent in next mail on the only box on the switch screen.
    Ok ill give you some credit then:-) did you set up the account about a year ago on the wii U think it was the nintendo account and then linked it to the nnid account?

Some new additions have been made to My Nintendo.

Discounts

20% discount on Pikmin 3 - 50 Gold Points
    20% discount on Nintendo Selects: Yoshi's Island - 40 Gold Points

3DS Theme

Yoshi's Springtime Siesta - 20 Gold Points

Wii U Digital Content

Pikmin 3 Add-on Content: Battle Enemies! Stages 7-10 - 20 Gold Points
    Pikmin 3 Add-on Content: All-New Mission Stages 12-15 (x2) - 50 Gold Points
    Pikmin 3 Add-on Content: Collect Treasure! Stages 7-10 - 20 Gold Points

They'll remain available on My Nintendo until July 1st.

https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Having this stupid 4 digit 5 digit crap now myself

Advertisement