Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water grant

• 01-12-2015 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I applied for the water conservation grant well within the dates, and received an application number in my email. The grants were supposed to be paid during october, and everyone I know has received it. I suspect my water grant has gone to someone else, or my details have been lost. 

I've tried calling the 1890 number, and it gives me the 0761 number.

0761 087 890 Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5pm.
    I've been calling this number for 3 working days, approx 15 times per day, and I repeatedly get the voice message "Sorry all lines are busy, please call again later" and the line disconnects. 
    Is there a working contact number, a different time I should call, or an email address I can use to report my missing grant? The advertised numbers are not functioning. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Irish Water: Niall

Hi pwurple,

Thank you for contacting us.

Would you mind sending a private message with the following details and we can investigate further:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact Number.

Thanks in advance,
    Niall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Those are sent Niall. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Irish Water: Mairead

Hi pwurple,

A member of our team has responded to your query sent by PM.

Kind regards,
    Mairead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Did you get sorted pwurple?

No haverchick, not yet.

• Advertisement

pwurple wrote: »
    No haverchick, not yet.

Would you mind if you have the time updating us on this as I'm very interested? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 healyaidan

I too have registered within the dates and got a confirmation email but still no cheque (i opted for cheque as payment) i too fear my money is gone to someone else. Have also tried the phone numbers 72 times and cant get any response only" lines are busy crap" Its a joke how this company operates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭ciarano

Registered back in September for the €100 still nothing
    account always paid and up to date sent email on the 24th November advised 5 working days still nothing absolute joke of a set up.

Hi healyaidan and ciarano,

Thank you for contacting us.
    healyaidan wrote: »
    I too have registered within the dates and got a confirmation email but still no cheque (i opted for cheque as payment) i too fear my money is gone to someone else. Have also tried the phone numbers 72 times and cant get any response only" lines are busy crap" Its a joke how this company operates

Irish Water do not issue the Water Conservation Grant. This is administrated by the Department of Social Protection. If you have yet to receive payment, I would advise contacting the Water Grant Support Team on 0761 087 890 as they will be best equipped to assist you further.
    ciarano wrote: »
    Registered back in September for the €100 still nothing
    account always paid and up to date sent email on the 24th November advised 5 working days still nothing absolute joke of a set up.

Apologies, we are experiencing a high volume of emails at the moment. If you would like me to look into this, please send the following details via PM:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact Number.

Thanks in advance,
    Niall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

I tried ringing the Water Grant people on 0761087890 number this afternoon from my UK mobile. The call won't connect. Is there another number I can get the Water Grant people on?
    I had the same problem back in Sept/Oct of this year and an Irish Water Representative on here was able to give me a different number which was not one of the 2 numbers advertised on the Water Grant website.
    I applied for my grant on 16th November 2015...I was one of the ones for whom Irish Water lost their details and so had a later deadline. Still waiting for payment in to my account.
    An absolute joke. Never known a set up like it between Irish Water and the Water Grant people. Not so much the people you deal with on the phone (as they are sound), but the organisations as a whole. I am over a month late in paying my Group Water Scheme charge for this year's water bill because I am waiting on the €100 to supplement the payment.

• Advertisement

It it's slow going guys. Expect three to four pm's asking you for little bits of info instead of one message. Still no movement on this for me anyway...

0761 087 890 Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5pm."THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING TO HOLD"

Called 09:30

Waiting and waiting more money being wasted no one picking up????GRRRR :(

As for Irish Water 5 working days to reply surely has to be outside due process?
    Email -- Respond Within 24 Hours
    Responding to an email within 24 hours is good etiquette. Responding sooner is better because customers will be assured their concerns are being heard and their needs attended to.
    If a customer's concern is negative or powerfully expressed, a phone call may be a more appropriate response than a return email. A call implies you consider the matter too important for an electronic response. Just hearing a human voice can help clients feel respected.
    Postal Mail -- Respond Within Five Days
    Five business days is the standard business letter response time. Postal mail can take two to three days or longer to reach even a local client. A further delayed mail response can indicate to a customer that your company is disinterested in his business, or worse, unprofessional and sloppily run. Again, if a client letter expresses hostility or threatens to discontinue the business relationship, a phone call or personal visit is the best response.

Would it not help to have a slider going across Irish waters home page advising of the following

"Call 0761 087 890 Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5pm. for Grant queries AND that ye are experiencing high volumes and are experiencing lengthily delays of over 5 working days"

then at least a Customer knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Irish Water: Laura

Hi Paul4As,
    Paul4As wrote: »
    I tried ringing the Water Grant people on 0761087890 number this afternoon from my UK mobile. The call won't connect. Is there another number I can get the Water Grant people on?
    I had the same problem back in Sept/Oct of this year and an Irish Water Representative on here was able to give me a different number which was not one of the 2 numbers advertised on the Water Grant website.
    I applied for my grant on 16th November 2015...I was one of the ones for whom Irish Water lost their details and so had a later deadline. Still waiting for payment in to my account.
    An absolute joke. Never known a set up like it between Irish Water and the Water Grant people. Not so much the people you deal with on the phone (as they are sound), but the organisations as a whole. I am over a month late in paying my Group Water Scheme charge for this year's water bill because I am waiting on the €100 to supplement the payment.

A member of our team will be happy to look into this for you, would you mind sending a PM with the below information:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact Number.

Kind regards,
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 4 healyaidan

As i already said in my post multiple times ive phoned and no help whatsoever and your advice is to call again? Joke

Irish water, this is open a week. What news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

You dont go through Irish Water for the grant. I rang the Water Grant crowd in Sligo at  the beginning of october , talked to a sound chap on the phone and he said the cheque would be sent out with the next batch at the end of October. I actually received it earlier than that . On the plus side, they only issue the money, and dont care what you spend it on. :)

Hillybilly, the water grant crowd have disappeared into thin air. Phone lines play an unattended message and disconnect. 

There is no way to get through to them at all. No email address, no contact details. The only method we have left is this forum. The reps here have asked me for every piece of personal information I have, and if they are just taking the piss and not able to do anything after demanding all that information, I will be SERIOUSLY annoyed. 

I'm delighted you got your money. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Hoe about the next level up in the department of social protection?

Pwurple did you actually get the letter from DSP inviting you to apply for the grant?
    If you did then did you apply before the deadline and did you apply online or by post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

TheChizler wrote: »
    Hoe about the next level up in the department of social protection?

It would make sense to do this considering they are the ones issuing the money and not Irish Water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭sidcon

I applied on the 21st of Sept and have still not received it either. I've given up on the phone line, and emailed the complaints section of social protection

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AnthonyOD1987

I have had the exact same problem as above. Registered back in September well within the time frame, never received the grant payment to my bank account. Rang the helpline towards the end of October, after being on hold for 45 minutes was told that the issue would be highlighted to a supervisor and payment should be made within the week. Fast forward to November 24th and no payment received. Ring the same helpline again, on hold for another 35 minutes to be told that I could have a cheque posted out if  preferred. Great I taught. I was told I should have it by Friday December 4th as I had missed the cycle for that week. Guess what, nothing received. I go to ring back the helpline this morning and it seems to have vanished into thin air. The 076 number doesn't connect. So now it seems that the circus has rolled out of town and left the people that bothered paying in limbo! What kind of muppets do we have in charge of this system.

Got mine. Sorted, thanks guys. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Irish Water: Aaron P

Got mine. Sorted, thanks guys. :D
    Hi pwurple,

I am glad to hear that you have received your Water Conservation Grant from the Department of Social Protection.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any future queries.

Kind regards,
    Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭CASEsensitive

Same issue here, IW messed up my registration and I didn't receive a bill until the end of October despite repeated efforts. I got through to the Dept of Social Protection who still do not have my details and they said sorry but I will not get the grant this year, but I could apply next year. They said there has been communication with IW to state that they cannot be telling their customers that they will receive the grant as it is administered by the Dept. and they had already extended the deadline. They also said I was far from been the only one.

Just wondering can IW provide details on communication with the Dept. on this issue, do they have a timeline in place for rectifying the backlog and in instances where IW were in fault in providing the Dept. with registration details will IW now be providing credit to match the grant.

Interesting, I was also told that where IW did not adhere to their code of practice in relation to customer complaints that €10 credit will be given.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 emcnicho

No haverchick, not yet.
    I am having the same problem. Did you get sorted?

Same issue here, IW messed up my registration and I didn't receive a bill until the end of October despite repeated efforts. I got through to the Dept of Social Protection who still do not have my details and they said sorry but I will not get the grant this year, but I could apply next year. They said there has been communication with IW to state that they cannot be telling their customers that they will receive the grant as it is administered by the Dept. and they had already extended the deadline. They also said I was far from been the only one.

Just wondering can IW provide details on communication with the Dept. on this issue, do they have a timeline in place for rectifying the backlog and in instances where IW were in fault in providing the Dept. with registration details will IW now be providing credit to match the grant.

Interesting, I was also told that where IW did not adhere to their code of practice in relation to customer complaints that €10 credit will be given.
    Hi CASEsensitive,

Would you mind forwarding the following details by private message and I will look into this further for you:

-Name;
    -Address;
    -Contact telephone number and
    -If you are the account holder

Thanks in advance,
    Aaron

Hi CASEsensitive,

Would you mind forwarding the following details by private message and I will look into this further for you:

-Name;
    -Address;

Thanks in advance,
    Aaron
    Hi Aaron,

This issue is still open and apparently someone is looking into issues in relation to my registration, although they have not managed to get back to me withing the time frames laid down in the code of practice there has been another date set where I am expecting a response. I might 

Could you provide any information on the more general issue of IW contact with the Dept. of Social Protection in relation the conservation grant. The Dept when I was in contact with them said they had communicated with IW that there was a deadline in place for people to process the grant and said as IW had not sent my details over I would not receive the grant this year. They also said I was not alone in this regard. Has this been communicated to IW and is there a plan to deal with this.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ImThatGuy

I have the same issue, both companies blaming each other, IW screwed up my address change and this caused me some problems, I can't even get in touch with DSP to rectify the issue now as I just end up on hold.

To be honest, it's a complete joke that a customer has to solve this, I've been told several times the data has been passed to DSP but the DSP keep telling me it hasn't. Why should I have to do the hand holding and checking that all your systems are working?

ImThatGuy wrote: »
    I have the same issue, both companies blaming each other, IW screwed up my address change and this caused me some problems, I can't even get in touch with DSP to rectify the issue now as I just end up on hold.
    Hi ImThatGuy,

You can contact the Department of Social Protection on the alternative numbers 071 9193302 or 1890 662244, or, if you wouldn't mind forwarding the following details by private message and we will look into this further for you:

-Name;
    -Address;

Thanks in advance,
    Aaron

9 pm's sent and i keep getting different Irish water Representatives can one not take ownership????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I have no connection to any public nor group scheme, nor do I want their 100 euro. Trouble is, I cannot get them to understand these simple facts. Today another bill arrived fir €194.46, and again I will write and ask for these bills to be stopped.
     Has anyone ever spoke to a real live person in their  1890 448 448 number?

Could you provide any information on the more general issue of IW contact with the Dept. of Social Protection in relation the conservation grant. The Dept when I was in contact with them said they had communicated with IW that there was a deadline in place for people to process the grant and said as IW had not sent my details over I would not receive the grant this year. They also said I was not alone in this regard. Has this been communicated to IW and is there a plan to deal with this.
    Hi CASEsensitive,

We are currently looking into your query with our Communications Department and will revert back to you as soon as we receive an update.

If you would like us to look into your own specific case we would require that you forward your details by private message.

Kind regards.
    Aaron

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I have no connection to any public nor group scheme, nor do I want their 100 euro. Trouble is, I cannot get them to understand these simple facts. Today another bill arrived fir €194.46, and again I will write and ask for these bills to be stopped.
     Has anyone ever spoke to a real live person in their  1890 448 448 number?

When you got the registration form way back, did you complete it and return it as that was your opportunity to point out that you were not a customer
    I speak to IW every day and never have any problems getting through
    What number are you ringing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Hi CASEsensitive,

We are currently looking into your query with our Communications Department and will revert back to you as soon as we receive an update.

If you would like us to look into your own specific case we would require that you forward your details by private message.

Kind regards.
    Aaron
    Had a similar issue myself. Was promised by IW that I was received grant despite deadline passing.  DSP indicated that details were never passed over by IW despite having registered ontime (and paid initial bill).     Was promised a follow up back in october by IW but never heard anything. Then last week I received a text about an outstanding bill (i.e. the account issue has been resolved) but no sign of anything on the watergrant. I can only assume that IW will be adding a credit to our account for the same amount as grant?

Also emailed IW 8 days ago, but have yet to receive a reply.

Also emailed IW 8 days ago, but have yet to receive a reply.
    Hi MadDogGreener,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Would you mind sending the following details by private message and we can look into this for you:

-Name;
    -Address;

Thanks in advance,
    Aaron

Hi CASEsensitive,

Kind regards.
    Aaron
    Hi Aaron,

Is there any update on this or do you have a time frame in which you expect an update by. If there has already communication between IW and the Dept. it shouldn't be that hard to state what the situation is.

Thanks

Are IW not using this forum anymore, the response time christmas aside are slipping. Even an update to say our communication department have not responded to our query would be useful.

Hi Nekarsulm and CASEsensitive,

Apologies for the delay in responding as we were experiencing technical difficulties.
    I have no connection to any public nor group scheme, nor do I want their 100 euro. Trouble is, I cannot get them to understand these simple facts. Today another bill arrived fir 194.46EUR, and again I will write and ask for these bills to be stopped.
    Has anyone ever spoke to a real live person in their 1890 448 448 number?

Please accept my apologies over any inconvenience caused. We can look into this matter for you. Would you mind providing the following details via PM:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact Number.
    Hi CASEsensitive,

Kind regards.
    Aaron
    Hi Aaron,

Is there any update on this or do you have a time frame in which you expect an update by. If there has already communication between IW and the Dept. it shouldn't be that hard to state what the situation is.

Thanks

In order to be eligible for the 2015 Water Conservation Grant both customers and non-customers needed to have their details registered with Irish Water by June 30th 2015. These details were then submitted to the Department of Social Protection, who then in turn will issue eligible individuals with a TIN.

If you did not received your TIN, we would advise contacting the Department of Social Protection as Irish Water are solely responsible for providing individuals with their Account Number/Registration Number and WPRN. The responsibility for providing an individual with their TIN lies with the Department of Social Protection.

If you have any queries regarding the payment of the 2015 Water Conservation Grant we would also advise contacting the Department as the grant is separate from Irish Water and will not appear on your bill.

We can look into your specific count if you wish. To do so, would you mind providing the following details via PM:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact Number.

If you have any other queries regarding your Irish Water bill or water supply, please feel free to contact us and a member of our team will be happy to assist you further.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Niall

• Advertisement

Apologies for the delay in responding as we were experiencing technical difficulties.
    I have no connection to any public nor group scheme, nor do I want their 100 euro. Trouble is, I cannot get them to understand these simple facts. Today another bill arrived fir 194.46EUR, and again I will write and ask for these bills to be stopped.

Please accept my apologies over any inconvenience caused. We can look into this matter for you. Would you mind providing the following details via PM:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact Number.
    Hi CASEsensitive,

Kind regards.
    Aaron
    Hi Aaron,

Thanks

In order to be eligible for the 2015 Water Conservation Grant both customers and non-customers needed to have their details registered with Irish Water by June 30th 2015. These details were then submitted to the Department of Social Protection, who then in turn will issue eligible individuals with a TIN.

If you did not received your TIN, we would advise contacting the Department of Social Protection as Irish Water are solely responsible for providing individuals with their Account Number/Registration Number and WPRN. The responsibility  for providing an individual with their TIN lies with the Department of Social Protection.

If you have any queries regarding the payment of the 2015 Water Conservation Grant we would also advise contacting the Department as the grant is separate from Irish Water and will not appear on your bill.

We can look into your specific count if you wish. To do so, would you mind providing the following details via PM:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact Number.

If you have any other queries regarding your Irish Water bill or water supply, please feel free to contact us and a member of our team will be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,
    Niall
    Hi Niall,

Is that the reply from the Communications Dept.?

I did register with IW before June 30th and I did contact the Dept. of Social Protections. As I said previously it is IW who did not provide my registration details to the Dept. the last time I checked (Nov 15) the Dept. had still not received my registration details, so they cannot issue me with a TIN, as again they were not passed my registration details in time. The Dept. have said I am not alone in this regard and they also said that they have communicated the fact that they will not be paying the water grant to people whose details they did not receive from IW.

Have IW received any communication from the Dept. stating this as it was IW's responsibility to issue me with an Account Number/Registration Number and WPRN and to submit this to the Dept. I could of course FOI all this but it would be nice to receive an honest response to the actual question before I proceed with the FOI.

Thanks

Hi all,

I have had the exact same problem as above. Registered back in September well within the time frame, never received the grant payment to my bank account. Rang the helpline towards the end of October, after being on hold for 45 minutes was told that the issue would be highlighted to a supervisor and payment should be made within the week. Fast forward to November 24th and no payment received. Ring the same helpline again, on hold for another 35 minutes to be told that I could have a cheque posted out if preferred. Great I taught. I was told I should have it by Friday December 4th as I had missed the cycle for that week. Guess what, nothing received. I go to ring back the helpline this morning and it seems to have vanished into thin air. The 076 number doesn't connect. So now it seems that the circus has rolled out of town and left the people that bothered paying in limbo! What kind of muppets do we have in charge of this system.
    emcnicho wrote: »

If this is still an ongoing matter AnthonyOD1987 and emcnicho, would you mind sending the following details via PM and we can investigate this matter:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact Number.

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact Number.
    Hi CASEsensitive,

Kind regards.
    Aaron
    Hi Aaron,

Thanks

If you did not received your TIN, we would advise contacting the Department of Social Protection as Irish Water are solely responsible for providing individuals with their Account Number/Registration Number and WPRN. The responsibility for providing an individual with their TIN lies with the Department of Social Protection.

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact Number.

Kind regards,
    Niall
    Hi Niall,

Is that the reply from the Communications Dept?

I did register with IW before June 30th and I did contact the Dept. of Social Protections. As I said previously it is IW who did not provide my registration details to the Dept. the last time I checked (Nov 15) the Dept. had still not received my registration details, so they cannot issue me with a TIN, as again they were not passed my registration details in time. The Dept. have said I am not alone in this regard and they also said that they have communicated the fact that they will not be paying the water grant to people whose details they did not receive from IW.

Have IW received any communication from the Dept. stating this as it was IW's responsibility to issue me with an Account Number/Registration Number and WPRN and to submit this to the Department I could of course FOI all this but it would be nice to receive an honest response to the actual question before I proceed with the FOI.

Thanks

In order to investigate this matter CASEsensitive would you mind providing the above details and we can look into this matter.

Kind regards,
    Niall

Hi sidcon,

Apologies for the delaying in responding as we were experiencing technical difficulties.
    sidcon wrote: »
    I applied on the 21st of Sept and have still not received it either. I've given up on the phone line, and emailed the complaints section of social protection

If this is still an ongoing matter, would you mind sending the following details via PMand we can look into this:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact Number.

Thanks in advance,
    Niall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

I'm still waiting for my €100 conservation grant from Irish Water. Other family members got theirs but I'm still waiting. Should I be concerned, or is there a massive backlog?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

Neither Myself or my sister received ours we both registered on time and applied in time

• Registered Users Posts: 35 b2dadizzle

Hi, I have the same problem. Still have not received the €100 grant, even though I applied in plenty of time.
    Could I request that one of the reps contact me by PM,and I can give all the details then?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

ciarano wrote: »

0761 087 890 Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5pm."THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING TO HOLD"

Called 09:30

Waiting and waiting more money being wasted no one picking up????GRRRR :(

Try ringing  021-2065880
    (from http://www.moneyguideireland.com/water-conservation-grant.html )
    It might cost you less if you have landline minutes included in your phone contract.

Hi all,

I have had the exact same problem as above. Registered back in September well within the time frame, never received the grant payment to my bank account. Rang the helpline towards the end of October, after being on hold for 45 minutes was told that the issue would be highlighted to a supervisor and payment should be made within the week. Fast forward to November 24th and no payment received. Ring the same helpline again, on hold for another 35 minutes to be told that I could have a cheque posted out if preferred. Great I taught. I was told I should have it by Friday December 4th as I had missed the cycle for that week. Guess what, nothing received. I go to ring back the helpline this morning and it seems to have vanished into thin air. The 076 number doesn't connect. So now it seems that the circus has rolled out of town and left the people that bothered paying in limbo! What kind of muppets do we have in charge of this system.
    emcnicho wrote: »

If this is still an ongoing matter AnthonyOD1987 and emcnicho, would you mind sending the following details via PM and we can investigate this matter:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact Number.

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact Number.
    Hi CASEsensitive,

Kind regards.
    Aaron
    Hi Aaron,

Thanks

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact Number.

Kind regards,
    Niall
    Hi Niall,

Is that the reply from the Communications Dept?

Have IW received any communication from the Dept. stating this as it was IW's responsibility to issue me with an Account Number/Registration Number and WPRN and to submit this to the Department I could of course FOI all this but it would be nice to receive an honest response to the actual question before I proceed with the FOI.

Thanks

In order to investigate this matter CASEsensitive would you mind providing the above details and we can look into this matter.

Kind regards,
    Niall
    Niall, Surely you don't need my details to check whether the Dept. of Social Protection have contacted IW about the late transfer of registered customers details and what is IW response to people who through no fault of their own will now not receive the grant for 2015. 

When I spoke to the Dept. they said they had told IW that they shouldn't be telling their customers that they would be entitled to the grant as it is administered by the Dept. and that it was up to IW to rectify the situation. Have IW received any communication from the Dept. along those lines?

Hi tracey turnblad and b2dadizzle,
    Neither Myself or my sister received ours we both registered on time and applied in time
    b2dadizzle wrote: »
    Hi, I have the same problem. Still have not received the €100 grant, even though I applied in plenty of time.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

I will investigate this further for you both. Would you mind sending the following details by PM:

-Name;
    -Address;
    -Contact telephone number and;
    -Confirmation that you are the account holder.

Kind regards and thanks in advance,
    Aaron

Niall, Surely you don't need my details to check whether the Dept. of Social Protection have contacted IW about the late transfer of registered customers details and what is IW response to people who through no fault of their own will now not receive the grant for 2015.

When I spoke to the Dept. they said they had told IW that they shouldn't be telling their customers that they would be entitled to the grant as it is administered by the Dept. and that it was up to IW to rectify the situation. Have IW received any communication from the Dept. along those lines?

Hi CASEsensitive,

We would like to check your account to see when you registered and see if you were eligible for the 2015 grant. If so, we would then investigate if there were any issues after your registration which may have resulted in you not receiving your grant. We would require your details in order to do this.

We can confirm that the details of all of those who registered with IW before the June 30th deadline were sent to the Department who in turn would have processed your TIN. You are correct that the grant was administered by the Department of Social Protection and it is common knowledge that IW were informing customers that when they registered with IW before 30 June that they would be entitled to the 2015 grant. Unfortunately, without your details we cannot help you any further but are happy to do so if you can furnish us with these.

Kind regards,
    Aaron

• Advertisement
Advertisement