If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips TV's

Options
  • 01-12-2015 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭

Hi

I see you have started to sell a handful of Philips TV's again. 
    Is there plans to expand the range?

I have a 42" 9664 from 2009 and I'd like a bigger TV but it has to have ambilight...

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi

I see you have started to sell a handful of Philips TV's again. 
    Is there plans to expand the range?

I have a 42" 9664 from 2009 and I'd like a bigger TV but it has to have ambilight...
    Hi Pixeltrawler.

Yeah some Philips screens have started to trickle back into us.

Unfortunately I would not know if the range will be expanded as that is decided by our purchasing team in England.
    As Philips pulled out of Ireland we not longer are able to deal direct with them as we did in the past.

At the moment it seems to be only the 3 Philips screens that we stock:
    http://www.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/lcd-and-plasma/all-tvs#1

I'll see if I can make an call to purchasing to see if they have any others in the pipeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Thanks Kenny, they certainly have gotten hard to find the last few years which is a shame.
    Their new Ambilux set looks amazing but it looks like it would need the GDP of a small nation to purchase. 

In general I'm looking for a 55" set with 3 bar ambilight. On Philips co.uk theres a handful of 6 series sets and on Philips .de theres a wider ranger of 7 series sets also.

Thanks for trying

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Do Philips make all their own TVs?
    Or are they like some of the famous brands like Panasonic, Sharp, JVC, Hitachi etc who have some made by Vestel?

Philips sold off the TV division a few years back. http://www.tpvision.com/  
    They are still listed on the Philips website as if they were making them, I guess thats all part of the deal they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That's disappointing. Where are they made?
    So Philips, Samsung, Sony & Panasonic all have TVs made by different people? (admittedly the lower end models for the last three).

So who can you buy that make 100% of their own TVs? LG?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

NIMAN, Please Feel free to resume your discussion of who makes what on the Home Entertainment Forum, this thread is being taken off-topic.

Cheers,

Ritz

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Philips sold off the TV division a few years back. http://www.tpvision.com/  
    They are still listed on the Philips website as if they were making them, I guess thats all part of the deal they did.
    Pixel,

TPVision have bought pretty much the entire manufacturing platform and business of Philips TV and they have a licencing deal for the next several years to use the Philips brand - slightly differently to some of the other manufacturers they retained most of the people in the Philips TV R & D divisions and many of the production facilities.

Like all brands some of the TV's are made by other manufacturers ( I'm sorry but I'm not up to speed specifically with which units are OEM units - when we were large Philips dealers I knew where every model was produced :o) but the 6 series are 'real' Philips designs..

In terms of other models - I'd love to stock more of the range and specifically we have a huge demand still for Ambilight - but discussions with the UK arm of Philips TV / TPVision is ongoing and hopefully we will have some positive news in the new year,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John

Much appreciated on the update. Ill keep an eye out for any expansion of the range then.

I've looked into buying from europe but warranties, shipping and support is a lot more difficult.
    They still seem pretty big in Germany where Saturn do the full range. 

I'm glad to hear you still see demand for ambilight sets as once you have lived with one for a while theres no going back. Surely Tp vision must see the UK as a viable market...

I had the loan of a 55inch panasonic plasma from a friend while his house was being built the last few months, and I wouldnt swap it for my ambilight set.

Maybe if you get any update, and you think of it, you could report it here on the forum, 

Thanks again...

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi John

Much appreciated on the update. Ill keep an eye out for any expansion of the range then.

I've looked into buying from europe but warranties, shipping and support is a lot more difficult.
    They still seem pretty big in Germany where Saturn do the full range. 

I'm glad to hear you still see demand for ambilight sets as once you have lived with one for a while theres no going back. Surely Tp vision must see the UK as a viable market...

I had the loan of a 55inch panasonic plasma from a friend while his house was being built the last few months, and I wouldnt swap it for my ambilight set.

Maybe if you get any update, and you think of it, you could report it here on the forum, 

Thanks again...
    Hey Pixel.

We will keep our eyes and ears out and report back should we hear anything.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.