Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Boards.ie Private Messages Encrypted ?

Options
2»

Comments

garrettod wrote: »
    Why is there two versions of the site (i.e. the new "responsive" version and the "legacy" version) .. it seems odd to have two versions, unless I'm missing something obvious here ?
    The original plan was to drop all legacy versions and only run the responsive site. But it has been very unpopular amongst users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Wigglepuppy

garrettod wrote: »
    I don't see why the Reps from the various companies can't just work from one peice of data, such as an account number. The Reps have access to their own employers systems, so they can easily check the contact details of the person behind each account number and then telephone them. No big deal and not rocket science, but it removes the need for several pieces of personal information to be sent by PM and by extension, the risk that if the data falls into the wrong hands, it will facilitate potential identity theft.
    But more than one piece of information is required for verification as to who the customer is (they could be posing as someone else) and there is no point in a customer service forum here if they're going to be assisted over the phone anyway. The whole point of social media customer service is to offer an alternative channel to phone/email.

I'm kinda biased though as I find the company forums here whom I deal with excellent! Way better and easier and faster than phoning up - one of the reasons I have an account here. I deal with them entirely through private message. I guess maybe ask them to delete the messages when the query is sorted? I do think the messages should also be encrypted though - it's very much not ideal that they aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭garrettod

Karsini wrote: »
    The original plan was to drop all legacy versions and only run the responsive site. But it has been very unpopular amongst users.

Thanks,

I never realised it was an option, just tested it there a few minutes ago and at first glance, I think I can see why it's not winning any popularity contests. That said, maybe I need to give it a bit of time...

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement