Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven Broken for Weeks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

where do you get the idea they cannot cook.

The oven is broken.

They've said nothing about the grill, hobs or the microwave, so I assume they're still fine.

Dunno about anyone else, but the oven in my house is hardly ever used.

Doesn't matter, it's broken and should have been fixed a month ago. Landlord is not adhering to their responsibilities. 10 days extra to fix in now is a joke.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Doesn't matter, it's broken and should have been fixed a month ago. Landlord is not adhering to their responsibilities. 10 days extra to fix in now is a joke.

Goes to show the importance of getting the letter in sooner rather than later.

Well the repair man arrived in the evening last night so it's all sorted.

All I can take away from thus really is I need to be firmer with the letting agency in future. Tell them if he doesn't show up, we will find alternative means and bill them. Essentially an empty threat to whip them into shape.

Thanks for all your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You really are doing them a favour by letting the repairs-person in.

They should be doing that.

'Tis one of the disadvantages of owning, suddenly you are the one having to take time off work for plumbers and the like.

You really are doing them a favour by letting the repairs-person in.

They should be doing that.

'Tis one of the disadvantages of owning, suddenly you are the one having to take time off work for plumbers and the like.

Are they obliged to let the person in? That would have solved a lot of headaches.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

where do you get the idea they cannot cook.

The oven is broken.

They've said nothing about the grill, hobs or the microwave, so I assume they're still fine.

Dunno about anyone else, but the oven in my house is hardly ever used.

The oven is a fundamental part of cooking. I as a landlord would not allow the property to one week without it been repairs or replaced. I use my over every single day.

Fair enough that different people have different eating patterns etc, but I wouldn't expect the oven to be out of action for longer than a week.

Advertisement