Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5S or 6?

• 01-12-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a very old iPhone 4S which is really on its last legs.
    I've had it ages now and it holds no battery life, dies at 60% etc...so it's time for a new one.

I'm on PAYG so no upgrade available.

I'll be going on to contract now though.

So I'm looking at the 5S and the 6.
    Obviously there's a difference in price - from those of you that have owned both the 5S and the 6 and can talk from experience, can you please tell me the direct pros of going for the higher priced 6 and if it's worth the extra money?

To clarify, it wont be the 6S or the 6+

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Faster, bigger screen, better screen, better camera. The only downside to the 6 is that you NEED a case. The curved edges are just too difficult to hold on to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

smash wrote: »
    Faster, bigger screen, better screen, better camera. The only downside to the 6 is that you NEED a case. The curved edges are just too difficult to hold on to.

No problem, I'd invest in a good case anyway - this phone will hold almost the same value as my car (I'm serious!) so I will most definitely be protecting it where possible!!

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

actually in exact same position although ill be keeping with PAYG and looking at a refurbed 5s. have seen the points listed on the 6 can someone let me know about the 5s and how much better? cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

I recently moved to the 6 from the 5S and love it - find the bigger screen much nicer for web browsing etc. battery life is much the same, I find the Touch ID a bit faster but nothing monumental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

If you're planning on keeping your phone a long time (like the 4S you're about to replace), get the most up-to-date device that you can afford, so it won't become dated as quickly, especially by future iOS updates.

As mentioned, the 6 has superior screen and camera, and the TouchID is faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Thanks for the replies - I ordered the iPhone 6, can't wait to get it now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Depends really on your screen size preferences. They are both roughly the same performance wise (obviously the 6 is a little faster), but both are a good buy. I had a 5S and loved it. I only upgraded to the 6S because it made sense to with my contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

Good man, you wont regret it!

I went from a trusted and well used iPhone 4s to an 5.5 inch android for a few weeks and then back to Apple with the 6s. Very nice phone I have to say, well impressed and perfect size. You wouldn't (IMO) want to go any bigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

6s ftw! Touch sensitive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

No problem, I'd invest in a good case anyway - this phone will hold almost the same value as my car (I'm serious!) so I will most definitely be protecting it where possible!!

Thanks for the reply

Do you have a cover for your car? :D

if the size doesn't bother you i would recommend the 6, have had all but 1 model (5c) of iphone and would choose the 6 over the 5 plus support (apple) will probably last longer on the 6 but as was stated you do need a good grip case, the 6 is slippy without one.

Advertisement