Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left over holiday entitlements

Options
  • 01-12-2015 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,723 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

When I finish up here I will have five holidays left over which haven't been used.

Just before I actually query about it here, is there any reason for me to assume that I won't get paid those five days?

Management have been aware of my finishing date for quite some time.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

You should be paid for them in your final salary payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

I am in the same boat. Finishing on 16th December. Normal finish day is 23rd December which is 5 working days later. The 5 days difference is my holiday entitlement being fully used up. I decided to use them instead of looking to be paid extra but if you are on good terms and work for a sound boss you may have the option. Ask your boss or HR to see anyway everywhere has slight differences

• Registered Users Posts: 14,723 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Nice one folks, thanks.

Yeah the boss is bang on in fairness. I just wanted to make sure here before I went asking in case I came off looking like a thicko. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

bmwguy wrote: »
    I am in the same boat. Finishing on 16th December. Normal finish day is 23rd December which is 5 working days later. The 5 days difference is my holiday entitlement being fully used up. I decided to use them instead of looking to be paid extra but if you are on good terms and work for a sound boss you may have the option. Ask your boss or HR to see anyway everywhere has slight differences

Most companies insist on paying out your un-used leave balance, rather than letting you extend your finish date.

This is because you are accruing more annual leave while you're on annual leave. It's not a lot (maybe 0.35 of a day), but for a bigger operation with lots of staff coming and going it adds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Or they might just tell you to leave 5 days early.

• Advertisement
Advertisement