Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick answer needed please

Options
  • 01-12-2015 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi all

Just wondering what are my options.

I have a feeling tenant is going to cause trouble about paying bills as she is going to be moving out probably in Jan or she will do a runner. Water bill in both our names and needs to be paid. Unfortunately esb in my name and a direct debit .

She would have given landlord a deposit when she moved in. Can he withhold some of this if she doesn't pay bills or is this my problem?

Thanks a mil

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Hi all

Just wondering what are my options.

I have a feeling tenant is going to cause trouble about paying bills as she is going to be moving out probably in Jan or she will do a runner. Water bill in both our names and needs to be paid. Unfortunately esb in my name and a direct debit .

She would have given landlord a deposit when she moved in. Can he withhold some of this if she doesn't pay bills or is this my problem?

Thanks a mil

Who are you in all of this? Sounds like you live with this girl, and you suspect she's going to do a runner and leave you with the bills etc.

If the landlord has a deposit he can keep some of this for overdue bills etc. Talk to the landlord and tell them of the situation, and that the deposit may be needed to cover bills if she does a runner (ie. Ensure he doesnt return her deposit until all bills are covered).

If the water bill is due, then split it and pay it now. No reason to hang about.

The esb being in your name means its your problem, but the landlord should use the deposit to cover her half if needs be. Hence, you should inform the landlord just to cover your ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭remembering

Who are you in all of this? Sounds like you live with this girl, and you suspect she's going to do a runner and leave you with the bills etc.

If the landlord has a deposit he can keep some of this for overdue bills etc. Talk to the landlord and tell them of the situation, and that the deposit may be needed to cover bills if she does a runner (ie. Ensure he doesnt return her deposit until all bills are covered).

If the water bill is due, then split it and pay it now. No reason to hang about.

The esb being in your name means its your problem, but the landlord should use the deposit to cover her half if needs be. Hence, you should inform the landlord just to cover your ass.

Thank you and yes I'm the person that shares with her

Advertisement