Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I cheated..

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The sexism and bitterness in this thread is breath-taking. If the OP's actions are as clichéd as anyone reading the thread would infer, most of those posting must have been the wife cheated on...

That said, you need to catch yourself on OP. You're not in love. You're infatuated with someone who's paying you sexual interest at a time when you've left your wife too busy to be able to.

Get your head around that fact and you can start to figure out what you want to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 summer_chic

fima wrote: »
    You underestimate your children OP. My child is nearly 2. If his daddy was no longer a daily constant in his life it would have a profound affect on him.

I would be very surprised if OP is a daily constant in their lives - he's busy with his new love ..

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

o p you sound exactly like a guy I had the misfortune to meet in may this year , he had registered a profile on an online dating site as a single 35 yr old who had 2 kids and a disasterous marriage behind him , I should have realised that he was a selfish spoilt manchild who had effectively checked out his marriage after his youngest child was born (under 2 ) , however I was satisfied with his responses to my line of questioning on what had happened and as a divorced mum of children myself , I could somewhat sympathise with his situation and I glossed over a few red flags because I really liked the guy .

As time went on I realised he was very narcissistic and self centered and in reality totally unavailable emotionally and I began to distance myself from him sensing something just was not quite right and ultimately discovered that he had several other women on the go as well as me and his poor wife and children had no idea he was a single man !

To say I was hurt and disappointed by his behaviour is an understatement , take my advice and grow the hell up ! and stop living in cloud cookoo land .Work on your marriage and keep you dick in your pants because you are the sort of man who will never be happy or satisfied no matter what you have ., your poor babies do not deserve this from you , you do not get to check out just because your poor wife is run haggard looking after your children .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

So many replies and so many opinions. Thanks everyone. I'm definitely not telling her about the affair. Going to have a chat and see how she feels. I'd be 90% sure that it's over...if not now, then in the near future. And maybe things will work out with the other girl. If not, that's a risk I have to take.

I really dont think that you can hope to fix your marriage without admitting to having the affair. If you dont admit to it and your wife wants to try and make marriage work then its based on a lie and that is eventually going to cause problems in my opinion. Forget about the other girl and concentrate on your marriage (whether to fix it or break up). Its really about the kids at this stage and how to make it easier on them if ye break up.

Advertisement