Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cashing a cheque

Options
  • 01-12-2015 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi
    my four year old child received a cheque today. He has no account but the cheque comes from an account with your bank. How can I go about cashing this.
    Thanks
    gumgum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

gumgum1 wrote: »
    Hi
    my four year  old  child received a cheque today. He has no account but the cheque comes from  an account with your bank. How can I go about cashing this.
    Thanks
    gumgum
    Hi gumgum1,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Once the cheque is not made out to 'a/c payee only' it can be lodged to a 3rd party's account.

If 'a/c payee only' is written on the cheque, it would need to be lodged to an account in your childs name. In this case, it may be best to request an alternative method of payment or for another cheque to be written. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Thanks Sharon for your quick reply I will try lodge it into mine own account.

Advertisement