Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Puppy food suggestions?

• 01-12-2015 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭

Normally I have no problem with searching for a new food... but I'm clueless about puppy food!

I'm thinking I should switch from what my boy is currently on, he's a 7 month old German Shepherd and he's currently on Bosch Junior Maxi, I have noticed a bit of itchiness from him when I switched him back onto this food. My budget is €40 and under for a 15kg bag if possible. :o

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Hooked

That's also my budget for a 15kg bag and we settled on Markus Meule naturnah - from zooplus online. We buy two at a time with the discount as well. Works out around 70 for 2 bags.

We also feed raw (in the evening meal) so the MM kibble lasts a looong time.

Great food for our needs. Have Jack (the younger of our two Huskies) on it since about 4/5 months.

They have NEVER refused a meal. EVER

Markus Mühle NaturNah - Economy Pack: 2 x 15kg 74.99 EUR 74.99 EUR

Savings Plan Discount -4.50 EUR -4.50 EUR

Works out at 70.49 and free delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

That's the food I was looking at! The only thing that is stopping me is that it's not for puppies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

VonVix wrote: »
    That's the food I was looking at! The only thing that is stopping me is that it's not for puppies.

I would not be inclined to let this worry me even the slightest :) It's all just a bit of a scam, this puppy food thing. Kinda reminds me of the marketing genius of RC coming up with breed specific foods....
    Ooh! I own a Boxer/Yorkie/Westie/whatever... If I don't buy the breed food for my breed, I'd be somehow letting him down :o
    Pure genius!

You won't go wrong with decent quality adult food, supplemented when you can with sardines, eggs, meat etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Awesome, that helps tremendously!

• Advertisement

VonVix wrote: »

Jack has been on it since a puppy. Younger than yours is now! Very soft breakable pieces. As DBB says, easy to supplement with sardines or egg or plain yoghurt or my zooplus favourite - salmon oil.

Here he is after about 6 weeks on it (bout 7 months old)

D6062F4B-4338-4F08-B758-D3DF339FB130_zpsnkks7abb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

My puppies all get adult food at around 5 mths old. I find they grow slower but end up with nicer confirmation. I add oily fish & raw chicken wings/legs to it, vitamin C is also added. The adults get the same.

Advertisement