Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphone warehouse - awful customer service!!!

Options
  • 01-12-2015 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hii! I know there have been a few other threads on this topic over the years. I hope someone can advise as I am so stressed from dealing with them.

In mid Jan my new iPhone 5S broke - three weeks old - they said they would send it for repair, but it stayed in the store for about a week being passed between one person and another. There were other issues including taking the sim form my iPhone 4 and saying ti would work in the 5 - which it didn't. All in all I was without my phone for 3.5 weeks - and was over and back to them so many times.

In October my iPhone, the same one, - it's not even a year old - started suddenly going off even on full charge and this blue screen would come up, which my tech friend said probably meant damage to the motherboard. I put the phone in to carphone warehouse on 14th October. I rang them a week later to see if it had come back. They said it had come back that find my iPhone was still on; that they needed the password for it; that they were trying to contact me and couldn't. I said that they didn't ask me for another contact number. I gave them my iTunes password last Thursday. They told me that because the iPhone was returned it would now be priority for repair and to phone on Tuesday and it would probably be back. I phoned today and the phone was still siting in the shop. They said the guy didn't come to collect it on Friday. However, the guy I spoke to on Friday said they had collections for phones to get repaired every day and he would send it off that evening. The store manager was, to say the very least, definitely not customer service oriented. He said he would send it off tomorrow, but it could take up to 28 days to be returned!!

I phoned the carphone warehouse Irish number for customer service but the call centre is in England and the guy thought I was riding from the U.K. and was giving me all the u.k. info though I said several times I was living in Ireland. He said he would log a complaint and it would be 5/10 working days before anyone would get back to me!!! I would never buy a phone through carpphone warehouse again, but need a little advice on how I can push this - I find dealing with them and all the seeming excuses so stressful particularly as my life is very hectic - and I'm really lost without my phone.

Thanks.

H.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Note if you have any issues again you can arrange a repair whilst under warranty yourself with Apple. It's A LOT faster.

Though the Carphone Warehouse have a responsibility to get your phone repaired if you bring it to them, they are too fecking slow and incompetent of good customer service (though the staff and customer service in Thurles is great)

Advertisement