Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Sensor lights

Options
  • 01-12-2015 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I replaced an old sensor with a new one, I put the wiring in the same way the old one was in, but for some reason the sensor isn't working. If I turn on the light from the main switch the light will come on & after a few seconds I can hear a clicking sound coming from the sensor, when I turn off the main switch the light will stay on for a min or so.
    Does anyone have an idea what's happening or what am I doing wrong?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

sugna wrote: »
    I replaced an old sensor with a new one, I put the wiring in the same way the old one was in, but for some reason the sensor isn't working. If I turn on the light from the main switch the light will come on & after a few seconds I can hear a clicking sound coming from the sensor, when I turn off the main switch the light will stay on for a min or so.
    Does anyone have an idea what's happening or what am I doing wrong?
    Thanks

Hi have you changed the settings at all on it?

You need to make sure cables are wired correctly and then put the dials to test on time and lumen(day/night).

When you see it picks up at desired distance set the timer and dial closer to the darkness setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sugna

Thanks, I'll give that a go & c how I get on.

Advertisement