Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Pubs in Booterstown (Radisson Blu)

Options
  • 01-12-2015 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hey, I'm about to move into an apartment in Booterstown beside the Radisson Blu on the Stillorgan Dual Carriageway.

Are there any nice shops/pubs in 15mins walking distance? To me it looks like a quite enough area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

SuperValu Mount Merrion, on "The Rise" is just over the other side of the dual carriageway, would be your best bet for food shopping if you don't want to have to go as far as Stillorgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

SuperValu on the rise would probably be your closest shop.

Kiely's is about 5 minutes further up from SuperValu, or else there's a pedestrian route from the Radisson site through the park/wooded area that takes you out to St Helen's on Booterstown avenue and then down to Gleeson's (which is a much nicer pub).

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gleesonger

Cheers, area seems alright for food but poor for pubs.
    I know Gleesons alright, tis grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

gleesonger wrote: »

gleesonger in knowing Gleeson's shocker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Gleesons is like a hotel Lobby IMO, too stuffy

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

gleesonger wrote: »

The old punch bowl isn't to much further that Gleesons.

your on a QBC so a bus will you to stillorgan/Donnybrook/Blackrock within a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

wowy wrote: »
    Kiely's is about 5 minutes further up from SuperValu, or else there's a pedestrian route from the Radisson site through the park/wooded area that takes you out to St Helen's on Booterstown avenue and then down to Gleeson's (which is a much nicer pub).
    Kiely's appears to be no more. It's shortly re-opening as 'Union Cafe' with a new restaurant.

http://mountmerrion.ie/much-ado-at-kielys-the-union-cafe/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It's bizarre what happened to Kiely's really. I don't know the ins and outs of banks and leases and owners, but my old blind dog could make money out of a mid-range suburban battlecruiser with a nice simple food offering in that location. Its a goldmine site.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Larbre34 wrote: »
    It's bizarre what happened to Kiely's really. I don't know the ins and outs of banks and leases and owners, but my old blind dog could make money out of a mid-range suburban battlecruiser with a nice simple food offering in that location. Its a goldmine site.
    It is surprising. Could have easily followed the Gleeson's template, similar demographic catchment area with no direct competition. Instead, I saw the previous management advertising tacky discount student nights early this year. Seemed a bizarre choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,565 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Winnie's craft café isn't too far of a walk from the Radisson either.
    Some tasty treats to be had.
    Halfway down Woodbine Avenue. There's a Spar and Pharmacy there too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement