Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big scan tomorrow :)

Options
  • 01-12-2015 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hey all have "big scan" tomorrow 8:45 just wondering are they set times and how long to expect to be there and all process like check in and if bloods etc needed then too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Is this your 20 week scan? I had mine last week in the Rotunda - it's really quick actually, the times are more or less set (I was actually called 5 minutes early!). No checking in or anything like that, they have your file at the ultrasound desk. No bloods or any of the additional checks either, just the scan. :) it takes about 20 minutes all told. They are brilliant, they explain everything they're seeing and will answer all your questions.

Do bear in mind that sometimes the baby might not be in the best position and you may have to come back to finish the scan - at the start of my scan my little one was basically curled in a ball, had to walk up and down the corridor to encourage her to move - luckily she did and the scan could be finished then and there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭info13

Great thanks, we are going to the Coombe but I'm guessing it be more less the same kind of setup? Best of luck with all too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

I would imagine so, I think the 20 week scan is pretty standard across the board :)

Enjoy every minute of it tomorrow, you really will be on such a high afterwards :) if I could have scans every day I would :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

info13 wrote: »
    Great thanks, we are going to the Coombe but I'm guessing it be more less the same kind of setup? Best of luck with all too :)

Yes, its pretty much the same. The scan takes a bit longer than the 12 week one as they are checking more - heart, chambers closed as they should be, limb length, etc. Also you can find out the gender of your baby if you wish.
    You don't need to have a full bladder for this scan which I found a great thing. No bloods or anything are taken.
    Enjoy it. I really loved that scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I was given a time of 12pm and it was just after half past when I was called. But if you're early in the morning you're more likely to be seen on time.

Good luck with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement