Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist in Limerick

• 01-12-2015 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a dentist in limerick, just busted my tooth while training and need in seeing too.

Also do dentists accept medical card holders or are they all private.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Most dentists will accept medical card but it will only cover a certain amount of treatment. Busted tooth you would most likely have to pay for yourself or claim through clubs insurance if they have it.

Where abouts are you living? Town or outside the city better?

For town I'd say Noonans Dental Ellen St.

Dooradoyle area either Guinan Dental Silverbirch Grove (across from the crescent shopping centre exit) or Racefield Dental Fr.Russell Rd.

Out Castletroy side of town I've heard good things about Iarlaith Killian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Living in town but haven't got a problem in travelling outside city centre if the service is good.

I've been to Noonans before and wasn't too pleased, felt like it was just in and out thank you for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Living in town but haven't got a problem in travelling outside city centre if the service is good.

I've been to Noonans before and wasn't too pleased, felt like it was just in and out thank you for the money.

Probably best heading out to Dooradoyle or Castletroy. All three very good dentists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Tommy Guinan in Abbey Dental is your man. He's sound out, hadn't been in a long time and he was totally ok about it. Had been put off thinking the dentist was going to tear me a new one but he and his staff were lovely to deal with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Mc Love wrote: »
    Tommy Guinan in Abbey Dental is your man. He's sound out, hadn't been in a long time and he was totally ok about it. Had been put off thinking the dentist was going to tear me a new one but he and his staff were lovely to deal with

Cheers mate, that's another reason I'm a bit put off with going back to Noonans. Haven't been in there in quite a bit plus wasn't too pleased the last time I was

You don't know if they do payment plans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 LauraK85

Couldn't recommend Denis Kerrisk on O Connell Street highly enough. Really nice man, makes you feel right at ease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Cheers mate, that's another reason I'm a bit put off with going back to Noonans. Haven't been in there in quite a bit plus wasn't too pleased the last time I was

You don't know if they do payment plans?

Best bet would be to give them a call johnny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

LauraK85 wrote: »
    Couldn't recommend Denis Kerrisk on O Connell Street highly enough. Really nice man, makes you feel right at ease.

I've been to Denis for some work over the years and I found him excellent, and a gentleman as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Bowe Dental Clinic beside the Maldron Hotel in Roxboro is pretty good, in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Alexandra Dental practice on O Connell Avenue are great. Just check out the reviews online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Alexandra Dental practice on O Connell Avenue are great. Just check out the reviews online.

+1. I go to Annette O'Donovan in Alexandra Dental and really couldn't recommend them enough.

Advertisement