Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin - Replay TV now available

• 01-12-2015 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

Anybody else spot this feature today? It allows you to play back some shows on some channels. Virgin seem to be doing their own recording of the channels. Effectively 'cloud' recording.

Certainly limited content at the moment but seems to work well. Could pave the way for the end of +1 channels... and eventually expensive PVR boxes in people's homes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Yeah available for me. Thought my guide was broken with the channel logos not on the far left of the screen. Then I copped the little arrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

For RTE at least, the quality is infinitely better than that on RTE Player.

Nice addition to the Horizon service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

makes the guide look kinda bad, like a hobbyist designed it, and also the way it's done just highlights how much is not on replay.

The feature will be great, just wish they would consider the user experience more...

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭macker22

There's up to 26 channels available at the start with more becoming available over the next few months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭leche solara

Kurn wrote: »
    makes the guide look kinda bad, like a hobbyist designed it, and also the way it's done just highlights how much is not on replay.

The feature will be great, just wish they would consider the user experience more...

Agree. It looks ghastly, but I suppose we'll get used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Kurn wrote:

??? Have you used any other operators replay TV. Curious on how this compares to those.

It's jus a bit dull to me needs to brighten up

It's says on virgin media website tat utv and h2 are available on replay tv but it's doesn't show up in tv guide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Bodan

UTV was changed last Saturday to startover only and today eurosport 1 and 2 has been added startover too.

I really like the idea of replay tv , but its very frustrating not been able to fast forward or rewind. I cant see myself using it much unless they eventually add that functionality.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Presumably that's to force you to watch the adverts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

icdg wrote: »
    Presumably that's to force you to watch the adverts?

I'd say so, I would imagine this is why the broadcasters came on board with this replay service?

Setanta sports pack not working anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

It's probably added because they couldn't fix all the missed recording issues

They should at least remove the tip that tells you you can go forward and back in certain set intervals on replay programs.

Setanta sports pack is no longer available on replay tv wat was the point of putting on to it for few days

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

macker22 wrote: »
    Setanta sports pack is no longer available on replay tv wat was the point of putting on to it for few days

I assume they put it on before Eir purchased Setanta. Since buying Setanta, I assume Eir have decided to exclude it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Eir don't own Setanta yet and until the deal is completed they have no management control over the company.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

icdg wrote: »
    Eir don't own Setanta yet and until the deal is completed they have no management control over the company.

Ok, then it is probably Virgin deciding to do it. Probably they don't want to give extra support to a competitor of theirs.

Advertisement