Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Account Problem - Complaint

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Lemlin wrote: »
    eir: Alan wrote: »
    My response contained in post #27 would still apply Lemlin.

"According to your eir account records 173.98 was attempted for withdrawal on the 9th of December from the bank account details you supplied.

It can take between 5 and 10 days to show if the debit was unsuccessful (if your bank account has refused this) so at this stage I would suggest checking with your bank if it refused the debit.

I would refrain from paying by another method until it shows if the payment has bounced or not."

Al

But can you confirm no incorrect information about me missing a direct debit will be passed to the Central Bank? The funds are in my account.

You told me contact my bank. I did and they state Eir didn't seek the funds.
    Hi Lemlin

What I am advising is that we cannot see if this has been refused until approx 10 working days after the 9th of December. I will check this regularly but as of today our systems have not shown any issues.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The responses by the Eir reps in here are quite comical, the OP just wants to speak to someone in regards to his case but is being fobbed off and told that he doesn't warrant a call.

OP, I'd be looking to lodge a complaint with comreg if I was you, as someone who as worked for a major ISP like Eir, you should've been told what your first bill would be, and second they should be dealing with your case in a much more professional matter.

If this is the way Eir treats loyal customers, then it'd be safe to say there won't be many for long....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

This is what happens when a company which is heavily in debt is bought by a US hedge fund. The help desk function is normally set up as cheap as chips. The people working in it are hard working but their hands are tied with bureaucracy, and there is no money invested in improving the help desk service. I worked in an Irish bank. I know what I am talking about. They went the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It's amazing how poor the customer service is. I'm now having to start explaining my whole predicament again to someone via email. Right back to explaining my payment plan which I did at the start of this thread.

Yet more wasted time because the rep on here couldn't take ownership of the issue.

The good news is that Eir managed to take their bill from my account on Thursday. Why they did it on Thursday when my billing date was the Friday before I guess we'll never know.

Joke of a company.

I'm now being told to contact the store again by customer care. The store is 45 minutes drive from me and I have already explained this.

This is beyond ridiculous. No-one wants to take ownership of the problem. I've been passed pillar to post now.

Alan, can you please confirm the ramifications if I cancel the direct debit until this is resolved?

Eir as a company are a joke and I wish I had never got involved with ye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

I'm sorry Lemlin but there are n further issues. On a number of occasions throughout our correspondence I have advised you that the payment will be taken for 173.98 (Which it was eventually) and your account will be in credit of €33 for the next bill (which it is now).

There are no grounds for cease of contract without charge and I have clearly noted this to your account.

If you cease your direct debit with your bank account then the next direct debit eir produce to your account will fail and a charge if €18.45 will apply on the eir account for the failed attempt.

Al

eir: Alan wrote: »
    I'm sorry Lemlin but there are n further issues. On a number of occasions throughout our correspondence I have advised you that the payment will be taken for 173.98 (Which it was eventually) and your account will be in credit of €33 for the next bill (which it is now).

There are no grounds for cease of contract without charge and I have clearly noted this to your account.

If you cease your direct debit with your bank account then the next direct debit eir produce to your account will fail and a charge if €18.45 will apply on the eir account for the failed attempt.

Al

Why is your customer service rep Jason now telling me that what I signed up for with the store is not the agreement you have on the system for me?

Can you confirm the amount of my next bill?

My ridiculous treatment continues. I was told here to go to customer care. Customer care telling me to go to the store.

The store is 45 minutes drive each way from me and won't answer the phone. Messages left but no response.

Nobody wants to take ownership.

I'm going to start tweeting them now and I'll be tweeting until I get a phone call to resolve this disgraceful treatment.

Finally got the store to get this sorted. However, I emailed them yesterday asking them to confirm the amounts I will pay for the next few months until month 7 and they haven't responded.

Alan, could you please pm me same from my account? I've also been told the account is now in credit so I won't have a direct debit in January. Can you also confirm this please?

I've very little trust in anyone involved with Eir at this stage.

Advertisement