If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" LED

Options
  • 01-12-2015 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, 

Im in the market for a 40" LCD. Any looking at the [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BRAVIA KDL40W705C[/font]

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201289-bravia-kdl40w705cbu.aspx

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Motionflow XR200Hz - What is this in traditional Hz? Before everyone started putting their on lingo and marketing on it? Good for watching sport?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Or can you recommend something else [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]around[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] that price? Watching sport would be the main function. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks in advance![/font]

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

jenno86 wrote: »
    Hi guys, 

Im in the market for a 40" LCD. Any looking at the [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BRAVIA KDL40W705C[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Motionflow XR200Hz - What is this in traditional Hz? Before everyone started putting their on lingo and marketing on it? Good for watching sport?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Or can you recommend something else [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]around[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] that price? Watching sport would be the main function. [/font]

Jenno,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - that Sony KDL40W705 is actually one of our favourite TV's around at its price - at £379 / €529 its great value and a really great TV.

In terms of trying to compare motion processing rates, its getting really difficult as all the manufacturers now use their own measurements so its almost impossible to compare - however if you tend to stick to the 'traditional quality' brands such as Sony or Panasonic then you can generally reckon that their claims are reasonable. 

Specifically the Sony 200Hz 'Motionflow' 200Hz as featured in the 40W705 is excellent for fast moving sport - its smooth without looking too artificial which can happen with some of the higher processing rates from other manufacturers.

The next step up - the 43W755 does offer the next level of motionflow with 800Hz - its a bit more expensive ( but it is a slightly larger screen) but the motion control is excellent and as a great addition it has the Android OS which is brill!

Have a look here:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201391-bravia-kdl43w755cbu.aspx

Apologies again for the delay and keep me posted if I can assist in any way,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

jenno86 wrote: »
    Hi guys, 

Jenno,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - that Sony KDL40W705 is actually one of our favourite TV's around at its price - at £379 / €529 its great value and a really great TV.

In terms of trying to compare motion processing rates, its getting really difficult as all the manufacturers now use their own measurements so its almost impossible to compare - however if you tend to stick to the 'traditional quality' brands such as Sony or Panasonic then you can generally reckon that their claims are reasonable. 

Specifically the Sony 200Hz 'Motionflow' 200Hz as featured in the 40W705 is excellent for fast moving sport - its smooth without looking too artificial which can happen with some of the higher processing rates from other manufacturers.

The next step up - the 43W755 does offer the next level of motionflow with 800Hz - its a bit more expensive ( but it is a slightly larger screen) but the motion control is excellent and as a great addition it has the Android OS which is brill!

Have a look here:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201391-bravia-kdl43w755cbu.aspx

Apologies again for the delay and keep me posted if I can assist in any way,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John, 

Thanks for the quick response. 

I'm just worried I'll get the 'soap opera' look and thats something I want to avoid as I hate it! Does this make sense? I bought a 50hz LED a few years ago and I returned it as I could watch it, it had that effect on it the whole time. 

Traditional 100hz and higher is what I need!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.