Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay A Head Full Of Dreams

Options
  • 02-12-2015 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭

So Coldplay's new album is out on December 4th, this is the first single called Adventure Of A Lifetime.

Very meh. It's not the worst I suppose but considering what they've done in the past it's disappointingly dull. Apparently Beyonce features on the album....

So what are people expecting? Personally I'm expecting a heap of steaming shíte based on their last 2 efforts.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

MadYaker wrote: »
    So Coldplay's new album is out on December 4th, this is the first single called Adventure Of A Lifetime.

Very meh. It's not the worst I suppose but considering what they've done in the past it's disappointingly dull. Apparently Beyonce features on the album....

So what are people expecting? Personally I'm expecting a heap of steaming shíte based on their last 2 efforts.

Thoughts?

I thought Ghost Stories was pretty damn good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I liked Midnight but that was it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I'm halfway through A Head Full of Dreams. Its a bit average, but, I think, like Ghost Stories, it will grow on me with a few more listens.

Very upbeat compared to Ghost Stories and their older stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PureM

Not their best work, but I'm sure it will do well on Friday when released...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The 3rd single from the album is Up&Up.
    One of the better songs on the album and the video (just released) is stunning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Mr E wrote: »
    The 3rd single from the album is Up&Up.
    One of the better songs on the album and the video (just released) is stunning.

Video is a work of art,pity the music isn't up to that standard. Not a bad song but if that's the best on the album it really is game over for Coldplay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Listened to the album the other night. I liked a few tracks on Ghost Stories even if they were too reminiscent of old stuff, but this is really, really poor.

It's been all downhill since A Rush of Blood To The Head. The inspiration is just gone.

Advertisement