Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this build okay?

Options
  • 02-12-2015 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been posting for a while now trying to make up my mind. I basically want a computer that can play games such as GTA V and so on. They don't have to be on High settings, but I just want them to play without issue.

I did a search of the recent threads and came across one for a €600 build.

I popped the parts into mindfactory.de:

Kpzp0Hr.png

I'm just double checking that the above build would be okay?

Like I said, I'm not a massive gamer but do occasionally like to play GTA V and the likes, as well as minecraft and possibly Battlefield.

Budget wise I'm stuck around the €600 mark. I have a mATX case I got not long ago and have all the peripherals.

If you feel I should change anything then please do let me know, I just don't want to put the order through until I'm 100% certain it's okay.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

If you feel I should change anything then please do let me know, I just don't want to put the order through until I'm 100% certain it's okay.

Looks good. Those games will play fairly solid 30fps Ultra. High vs Ultra = not much difference at all and nets you more fps, dropping to medium you'll notice degradation but the visual smoothness will probably be worth it. You don't have a HDD in your build? Buying it later?

A few of the things you have there aren't in stock, which means waiting, which might mean extra delivery charges.

This comes in a little cheaper & has better components:

OuAohhv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭smurra3

To be honest if you're not a big gamer, and you're not looking to play games at their absolute best, maybe go for an Xbox or playstation.
    Unless you need the PC for other stuff.

If you are going to build don't skimp too much on the CPU as this is more difficult to upgrade later.
    You can do it but it's not cost effective.
    RAM, Graphics cards, SSDs can all be added to later without having to replace the original.
    I assume the RAM is 2 4gig sticks, so you should be able to add another 2 4gig sticks later.
    The GTX 970 is the best bang for your buck card out there at the moment a little outside the budget tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

smurra3 wrote: »
    If you are going to build don't skimp too much on the CPU as this is more difficult to upgrade later.

:confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Folks, starting to plan my 2016 build, last big builds were in 2010 so was using HVLand, how in hells name do ye get mindfactory.de in English as per first post?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

:confused:

What I mean is, you can add to RAM by buying more RAM and putting it in beside your old RAM.
    Same with SSDs and if you buy a graphics card you can usually buy another one and put it in too and run it in SLI with your old one.
    With a CPU you have to totally replace it and if you're lucky sell the old one.

That's the good part about building your own PC, You don't have to outlay all the cash in one go. If you plan it properly you can add to it over a couple of years.
    Even in a couple of years when the motherboard and CPU are too old you can probably still use the power supply, RAM, SSDs etc.

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    Folks, starting to plan my 2016 build, last big builds were in 2010 so was using HVLand, how in hells name do ye get mindfactory.de in English as per first post?

Open it in Google chrome and it should give you a pop up to translate.
    I just tried it there and it worked fine.
    If it doesn't do it automatically look for the translate option in chrome in the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

grindle wrote: »
    Looks good. Those games will play fairly solid 30fps Ultra. High vs Ultra = not much difference at all and nets you more fps, dropping to medium you'll notice degradation but the visual smoothness will probably be worth it. You don't have a HDD in your build? Buying it later?

A few of the things you have there aren't in stock, which means waiting, which might mean extra delivery charges.

This comes in a little cheaper & has better components:

Thanks a million! Is the 950 okay? Or would I be better upgrading to the 960?

Also yeah I have a 2TB HDD I bought not long ago. Got the case on Amazon also.
    smurra3 wrote: »
    To be honest if you're not a big gamer, and you're not looking to play games at their absolute best, maybe go for an Xbox or playstation.
    Unless you need the PC for other stuff.

RAM, Graphics cards, SSDs can all be added to later without having to replace the original.
    I assume the RAM is 2 4gig sticks, so you should be able to add another 2 4gig sticks later.
    The GTX 970 is the best bang for your buck card out there at the moment a little outside the budget tho.

I have a PlayStation 4. I don't game too much but when I do I like to be able to mod GTA V to add that extra bit to the game. The 970 is a little bit out of budget for now. I do plan on upgrading the graphics card in a couple of months.
    slave1 wrote: »

I use google chrome, it offers me to translate into english!

NcsA1Z3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

CPU is simple to upgrade, the i3 should carry you for a bit anyways. 950 is a serious wee card as well, solid build imo, you'll have no trouble with GTAV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

So parts finally came, after a night of chaos with UPS... Haha.

Final parts:
    * ThermalTake Case
    * Intel Core i3 4170
    * MSI H81M E34 Motherboard
    * MSI GTX 950 OC 2GB
    * 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sports
    * 250GB MX200 Crucial SSD
    * 550M CoolerMaster PSU

And two quiet corsair red led fans to add a touch to the case. Reused my old 500GB WD HDD for games until I get another SSD.

Here's some pics. Thanks for the build guys its running nicely.

mLKY4mRl.jpg

CHfrw4pl.jpg

aCmxftTl.jpg

n0J73OUl.jpg

Advertisement