Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnstown, Kildare JNN1_002

Options
  • 02-12-2015 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi Alan et al!

Quick query - JNN1_002 in Johnstown, Kildare changed to 'Available within 6 weeks' on the eir website recently - 5 weeks ago, to be exact. I hadn't planned on making any enquiries until after the 6 weeks had elapsed but I happened to pull up behind a KN engineer hopping out of his van at the cabinet yesterday evening and thought I'd ask him what the odds were of the cabinet going live within the next week, as per the website. He was a bit puzzled and said that the cabinet should be live already and that he was there to do something else. I left it at that.

Clarification would be great - was very much hoping to get fibre going before Christmas! Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Alan et al!

Quick query - JNN1_002 in Johnstown, Kildare changed to 'Available within 6 weeks' on the eir website recently - 5 weeks ago, to be exact. I hadn't planned on making any enquiries until after the 6 weeks had elapsed but I happened to pull up behind a KN engineer hopping out of his van at the cabinet yesterday evening and thought I'd ask him what the odds were of the cabinet going live within the next week, as per the website. He was a bit puzzled and said that the cabinet should be live already and that he was there to do something else. I left it at that.

Clarification would be great - was very much hoping to get fibre going before Christmas! Thanks guys.
    Hi Knobtasticus,

JNN1_002 is definitely not active yet I'm afraid. I called the networks team & unfortunately they have advised me that there is no agreed activation date. I did also ask if there is a chance that it will before Christmas but it does not look so and mid to late January looks more realistic at this stage.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭knobtasticus

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Alan et al!

Hi Knobtasticus,

JNN1_002 is definitely not active yet I'm afraid. I called the networks team & unfortunately they have advised me that there is no agreed activation date. I did also ask if there is a chance that it will before Christmas but it does not look so and mid to late January looks more realistic at this stage.

Al
    Well then yee might want to update your site so that it doesn't state 'within 6 weeks' when this isn't remotely accurate. For a cabinet built in July, the delay in activation is bewildering. Thanks Alan!

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Alan et al!

Hi Knobtasticus,

Al
    Well then yee might want to update your site so that it doesn't state 'within 6 weeks' when this isn't remotely accurate.  For a cabinet built in July, the delay in activation is bewildering. Thanks Alan!
    You're right knobtasticus - apologies for the inconvenience

For future reference please try this map : http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭knobtasticus

Hi Alan, bumping this old thread rather than starting a new one.  

Currently in the depths of a month-long contention ratio/poor QOS evenings and weekends complaint with eir and thought to just check with you if there was an update available on the above cabinet going live? I have now at least learned the reason for the delay - planning permission issues affected cabinet location (have spoken to the homeowner involved in the objection and very surprised their objection was entertained at all but at least the planning process works!).

There was a mention above of mid-to-late January?

Cheers.

Hi Alan, bumping this old thread rather than starting a new one.  

Currently in the depths of a month-long contention ratio/poor QOS evenings and weekends complaint with eir and thought to just check with you if there was an update available on the above cabinet going live? I have now at least learned the reason for the delay - planning permission issues affected cabinet location (have spoken to the homeowner involved in the objection and very surprised their objection was entertained at all but at least the planning process works!).

There was a mention above of mid-to-late January?

Cheers.
    Hi knobtasticus

That's right there were hoped that this would be done sooner but unfortunately delays have occurred and because of the the best indication we can offer is within the next 12 months. Having spoke to out field networks team they have said that later summer is targeted but further delays can occur so it's best to advise within the next 12 months.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement