Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live? Working on Merrion Road D4

Options
  • 02-12-2015 4:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Dear

My office will be at Merrion Rd, D4.

I would like to rent apartment (preferably 2 beds apt.). I will be staying with my wife and kid.

My preferences are:
    i. apartment should be in budget monthly at the max 1100-1200 EUR.
    ii. schools, medical facilities, & grocery store should be nearby.
    iii. i am fine to commute via dart, luas.

Could you all, please suggest me most convenient place to stay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

12k a month sir. Sure stay in the shelbourne..if your serious call any estate agents. I somehow doubt you are though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 royari

apologies, I was mentioning 1100 - 1200 EUR per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

Dun Laoghaire is on the DART line & works for your criteria but you'll need 1500 for a two bed. To stay within budget with the same criteria, look at Bray.

thanks - Yes Bray is in my radar.

Can some one please highlight how is The Printworks in Bray? Is the place walking distance from Bray dart?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

daft.ie is the best bet for you. You can tick a lot of boxes in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

royari wrote: »

Can some one please highlight how is The Printworks in Bray? Is the place walking distance from Bray dart?

I don't know the area well enough, any time I've passed by there it seemed sedate. For walking distance, google is your friend.

As whomitconcerns pointed out, daft.ie is your best bet, together with G Maps, you should be able to work out the basics. D4 is one of the most expensive parts of Dublin to rent in. If you're willing to commute, most areas on the DART line are fine, the further you go, generally speaking the less expensive it will be, but the longer your commute. You need to work out what can compromise on.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭CiboC

Would you consider cycling to work? Would open up a lot more areas in easy distance of Merrion Road that are not directly connected by bus. If you want to use the DART you could also go northside and take the DART straight through.

Yes cycling would be an option for me.

Could you please point me some places which could be covered if cycling is an option.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Stheno wrote: »
    You did see that that's a retirement village?

Ha! No I didn't. The criteria is very narrow anyway. There's 82 places around Dublin for under 1200 for at least a 2 bed and that drops to around 30 within the M50 and lower still if you're looking for a convenient transport location.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

royari wrote: »

I rent in Bray and went to a viewing in The Printworks about 2 months ago while searching. I honestly could not get out of the place fast enough. It is about 10-15 minutes walk front the DART.

thanks @Holysock for your reply - 10-15 minutes walk I believe is still manageable. How about schools/ pre schools, medical facilities, and groceries? Any idea on that note?

Also, while I was looking for other parts of Bray, could you please point if there are any places in Bray that I should be avoiding upfront?

@Michael D Not Higgins thanks - yah noticed that as well - retirement village, I am way off to get retired :).

Advertisement